Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 12:27:40 AM EDT
This is one gun I've always wanted, I have some C&R toys but have yet to this day seen a C&R Swedish K. A new law here in Michigan just passed and tube guns are on the horizon for me, just wondering what Swedish K's are going for these days, doesnt matter what tube to me. I've heard that Stan Andrewski made the best ones, anyone know of any for sale. I'm stuck between three guns right now, Swedish K, FNC, and a Krinkov. I'm selling my bike to fund this new purchase (05' fatboy). McM
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm biased because I have one for sale, but a K gun is awesome.  Very slow ROF, super controllable, very reliable, spare parts kits cost $200, they shoot the plastic BB practice ammo, and best of all -- 72 round drums and 50 round coffin mags.

I don't care much for FNCs, a M16 does everything a FNC does and is much more versatile.

A Krink is in a totally different category, you are talking 2x the price of a FNC or K gun.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:23:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd say in the $7500-8000 range.

There's one listed on Subguns for $8200 that may still be available.

Pic
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at old issues of Machine gun news from when i first got into machine guns, Its the best investment out there in my opinion, but you all know this so i'll shut up now. An M16 is something I'll pick up as well, but i want one of the original C&R Armlites/colts I think its a model 601, just for pure investment purposes i guess, spend 20K now and sell it in ten years for 50K maybe more, college fund for the kids i dont have yet. I already told my fiancee that the money we get from our wedding is going towards a maching gun purchase, she understands the investment  opportunities of it. Even if the 1986 ban is lifted, C&R guns will hold there value, unless the 1968 ban is lifted, I highly doubt either will, but thats what i've always said about Michigan becomming a class three state, so you never know! The first purchase for me though is going to be a Swedish K, all the stories my neighbor has told me from viet nam when he carried one on LRRP's, on how reliable of a gun it is. Can they be suppressed? I mean is there one suppressor that is best suited for a K? I dont know much about suppressors and will be picking up several in the next year or so, I mean i have to fill in that extra space in that cammo case for my hk mk 23 no? Anywho i have talked enough. Thanks fellas. Joe
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:20:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't the S&W 76 more or less a copy of the K? I know it doesn't take the drums and the parts don't interchange, but aside from the mag well isn't the design a copy?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:29:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Bless the K, one of my all time faves, I LOVE THEM!  Need to get me one...
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 7:21:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Isn't the S&W 76 more or less a copy of the K? I know it doesn't take the drums and the parts don't interchange, but aside from the mag well isn't the design a copy?

As I understand it the S&W 76 hit the scene when our dear friends the Swedes had issue with us in Viet Nam.  The K's were issued to CIA and special ops teams and were not serialized.  Also they were painted a particular puke green in color.  One of the major functional differences of the S&W 76 is it's ability to fire in semi-auto.  The K is full auto only.  I'm still not sure why anyone would want a semi-auto sub gun but what the heck?  I should have bought one several years ago back when they were 3750.00.  Ugh!  I thought.....$3750 for a sub-gun No....Flipping...Way!  Hey, no one said I was smart!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:57:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Ugh!  I thought.....$3750 for a sub-gun No....Flipping...Way!  Hey, no one said I was smart!

Yup, I said that same thing as well, on time.. $1400 for a NIB Colt M16A2.. NO WAY!!!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ugh!  I thought.....$3750 for a sub-gun No....Flipping...Way!  Hey, no one said I was smart!

Yup, I said that same thing as well, on time.. $1400 for a NIB Colt M16A2.. NO WAY!!!

All I can say is
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

All I can say is

The bad part is, the only reason I did'nt buy it, was that I was too pissed about the $200 transfer tax.. You know, that was the first time I had learned anything about the NFA weapons, and that really bugged my cheap ass.. So I bought a another AR15, and a bunch of ammo..  God I am stupid..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
K's may be FA-only but double taps are easy. Even single shots are possible with a little trigger practice. They are very accurate for an open bolt SMG,too.
Clint
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top