Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 8:42:39 AM EDT
If you were to do a Form 1 to short barrel a Benelli M1014 and get approved, could you then install a larger mag on it (with a pistol grip stock)?    Or would you still have to comply with the 1989 law?
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:14:40 AM EDT
[#1]
With an approved Form 1 i am pretty sure you can do whatever you want in reguards to a mag extention and pistol grip.  If your wanting something small like that you may look into the AOW route.  You cannot put a stock on it, but if your intention is to use a pistol grip only then it will save you 195.00 in a tax stamp.  Still takes awhile to get it approved.  Serbu makes good AOW shotguns from what i have been told.  This is all just from my personal knowledge, don't take it as truth best bet is call a class III dealer or even the ATF.

-HSP
  Merry Christmas  
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 11:29:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:46:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:13:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you were to do a Form 1 to short barrel a Benelli M1014 and get approved, could you then install a larger mag on it (with a pistol grip stock)?    Or would you still have to comply with the 1989 law?

NFA firearms are exempt from 922(r), so you'd be able to add a working telestock and magazine extension legally.

Quoted:
If your wanting something small like that you may look into the AOW route.  You cannot put a stock on it, but if your intention is to use a pistol grip only then it will save you 195.00 in a tax stamp.

Both SBS and AOW cost $200 to manufacture.

But as mentioned above, you could not convert a shotgun into an AOW unless it has never had a buttstock on it. Gotm4 is just concerned about having both a pistol grip and mag extension on an imported shotgun. It sounds to me like he's planning on using a buttstock that has a pistol grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top