Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 11:13:26 AM EDT
Im looking for a 458 SOCOM suppressor, does anyone know who makes them?  I talked to SRT arms and Doug said he could build me one for around 600.00 I just want to know if any other companies are making them.  It needs to be a muzzle can, not going to be quick attack or detach and not integral.  Just looking for the thoughts of the resident experts (that would be y'all)  -HSP
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:01:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Doug at SRT is doing mine, althoug it's going to be an integral type. Check out This Thread for thr Tromix. Why does it seem I'm the only one outside of Virginia who wants one?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:07:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for pointing me there.  It does seem like you are the only one not in VA how funny.  I went the the tromix website and it did not mention anything about suppressors so i guess its something new.  Im actually trying to suppress a 45-70 lever gun thats why i can't have an integral, i will have to give up some DB reduction but Doug at SRT said it would probobly sound like an unsuppressed 22LR.  Still a noticible crack but less than a std 45-70.  Im still doing some research into the whole idea but once again thanks for pointing me there.

-HSP
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
SRT makes some mighty fine suppressors as I understand.

$600 for a "custom" job seems VERY reasonable.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:53:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Oh i totally agree, 600.00 is a steal for a custom can.  I am an avid SWR user and when i called Joe he told me to call SRT, when one mfg recommends another i take it to be a good sign.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Call Tony at Tromix. He can beat that price.  Doug is a good guy but does not have a background with the 458 SOCOM like Tony does.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:17:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks i will defintally give him a call.  But is Tromix making a muzzle can for the 458.  Because it is not going on a AR platform it is going on a lever gun it cannot be integral.  Ill call him and see what he has to offer.

-HSP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top