Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 8:35:43 PM EDT
I have decided to go with a .308 suppressor for my first NFA purchase. My local dealer prefers to deal with AWC, AAC, and Gemtech. I am looking at the AAC Cyclone. Any comments compared to it's competitors? It will be used primarly on a .308 bolt action.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the SRT Shadow .308 suppressor and really like it. The only two that beat it in the tests below were a long integral suppressor and a longer thread-on suppressor. The Shadow is a workhorse.

Be sure to check out the .308 tests here:

www.silencertests.com
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks M4Madness, I am a member over there and figured I would see what response I get here first. I looked at the SRT series but would have to go to another dealer to buy it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I own an AWC thundertrap as accuracy was my primary concern. THey are all VERY good now and all operate very similar. John's guns and SWR are probably the queitest.

Here is my supressed savage w/accu-trigger, AWC thundertrap, IOR rings, SA scope... I shot a 2 consecutive  .25" 3 shot goups w/it tonight. Take the can off, and they go a little over .5" w/the good stuff.

I shoot my AWC dry w/standard velocity ammo at distances to 500 meters at Clarks w/respectable accuracy. When I want to 'play' I grease the can and put EBR sub-sonics in and notice 1MOA out to 250 yards.

Hope this helps...

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I looked at the SRT series but would have to go to another dealer to buy it.

My dealer didn't stock SRT suppressors at the time that I purchased mine. I just had my dealer send his info to SRT, and Doug transferred it to him. Will your dealer do the same, or does he want you to buy what he has in stock?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My dealer didn't stock SRT suppressors at the time that I purchased mine. I just had my dealer send his info to SRT, and Doug transferred it to him. Will your dealer do the same, or does he want you to buy what he has in stock?

He doesn't have any .308 in stock, he just prefers the companies he deals with now, I think I could get him to order something else if I pushed it. I may work on trying to see some models in person before I order.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
How much do SRT .30 cal cans cost compared to AWC, AAC, and SWR?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top