Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 8:08:27 PM EDT
I plan to send off a parts kit to Troy Sellars at Inrange to be built into an SBR.  Do I need to go with Form 1 if he sends it to a C3 dealer here in SD when built?  Or is that a Form 4?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
If YOU register it, it needs to go on a Form 1. If Troy registers it, then it will be transferred to your local class 3 dealer upon completion. The dealer will then transfer it to you on a Form 4.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 9:14:01 AM EDT
[#2]
So I can go ahead and do the form 4 way ahead of time?
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:10:13 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So I can go ahead and do the form 4 way ahead of time?

If it is going through your local class 3 dealer, the Form 4 transfering it to you cannot be started until the finished SBR is in your dealer's possession.

If you do the registering yourself, you can do it on a Form 1 now, then send it all off to Troy when you get the approved paperwork back. By going this route, Troy can send it back directly to you when it is done with no need to involve a class 3 dealer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Even across state lines?
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 2:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Even across state lines?

Yes, as it would already be NFA registered to you on a Form 1.

If Troy registered it, he'd have to transfer ownership of it to your dealer, who would then transfer ownership of it to you. All this paperwork will add more time to the wait. The only benefit of having Troy register it would be that you would NOT have to have your name, city, and state engraved on the receiver. In Range's info would be on it instead.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:30:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I might just do a Form 4.  I;m not really excited by the thought of my info being engraved on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top