Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:48:41 PM EDT
Can you get a NFA item if you are off to college?  Can they stay at your house if you live with your parents?  Just wondering.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll let others chime in but you have to be at least 21 years of age to file the NFA transfer paperwork for a Class 3 item.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm legal.  I was just wondering.  I probably won't be able to buy any NFA items intill I'm 30.  I have so many loans to pay.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 2:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
The way I understand it if that is your legal residence all you have to do is lock them up so only you have access to them. If you form a corp to buy them you could make your parents officers of the corp and they could shoot them when you weren't there.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:41:09 AM EDT
[#4]
How do you do a corp.?  I figured when I get out on my own and get married it would be hard having guns that my wife couldn't use by herself.  So a corp would allow her to posses them to.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:36:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow.  I was reading info on what a corp is on http://www.alabama.form-a-corp.com/.  Man.  Does a corp need to be a real company?  I mean does it have to make money?  Seems very complicated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 2:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Ask over in the M16 forum. I'm sure somebody has done it. Also go to subguns.com and look for a dealer in your area. He might be able to give you some advice. No, the corp doesn't have to make money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top