Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2018 1:13:01 PM EDT
I'm eying a pedersoli BP side by side shotgun. It just seems to have a coolness to it over a shell firing one. Anyone have one of these that can tell me what you think of it? Have you used it hunting?
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 1:26:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I really want one
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:54:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a Pedersoli but i have about 30 year old cva sxs and love it..

I use it for pheasant hunting over a German Shorthair pointer.

Awesome gun..

You will love it..
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 11:14:28 PM EDT
[#3]
While I don’t own the Pedersoli shotgun I do own several Pedersoli rifles and pistols.
Quality is excellent on all.
I did own a single shot percussion T/C shotgun previously. It was fun but very slow to load.
What helped me was having many small plastic canisters with pre-measured shot and powder loads.
Carried in a shoulder bag it made field loading easier.

And if you wait a bit Pedersoli will be bringing out a SxS flintlock very soon.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, the Fed Ex man brought me my new bp side by side shotgun by Pedersoli.

I don't have a range report as of yet as it arrived a few days ago, and work cuts into my range life, damn it.

Ok, the scoop: I'm pleased, the shotgun looks better in real life than in photos ad the pictures were great. I cleaned off all the goop that it arrived packed in, shined her up with some gun oil, wiped her down with a silicon cloth, took her apart, did it again, and I pronounce her ready.

I'll let you know how she fairs at the range.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#5]
what loads are you going to use in it ?  You will find it pushes you more instead kicking you when you load the heavy load.. very pleasant to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#6]
They are a hoot!! Love hunting with my 20ga double.  I use about 60gr of 2fg Goex by volume, 1 and 1/2 of the same measure of #6 shot, and have good luck on it with squirrels.  It is not a 50yd gun, but will work in the tallest tree around here.  I think mine is open choke on right and mod on left????? (or do I have that backwards??).

You will have fun!!

Doc
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
what loads are you going to use in it ?  You will find it pushes you more instead kicking you when you load the heavy load.. very pleasant to shoot.
View Quote
I'm going to be working up clay, duck and turkey load. I'm still trying to get shot around here, it's a but of a challenge as shot has dried up all over around here in the last year or so.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 12:25:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Having fun with it. I finally got out to the gun club, I had the nastiest cold that knocked me dow. for a bit. I'm still playing with loads, but what a fun gun! I'll post more about it as I have a chance to shoot it more.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 9:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Update:

Thus far, I am impressed. A few trips to the trap range have been lots of fun. I have to say that I would not hesitate to hunt ducks, pheasant or turkey with this gun. Yes, it takes a few moments to reload this gun, but you've got two barrels!

Range:
Clay birds.
Shot: #8
Powder: 90gr of 777 2F
Percussion caps: Remington #11
Range: Doesn't matter, it doesn't get that far away from me. Pull - BOOM - PUFF

The steel buttplate CAN be a little punishing, but, it's a matter if man up and pop some alieve. 25 birds and you want more, 50 birds and you're ready to call it a day. Thats a lot of shooting for a muzzle loading shotgun I guess. I think I'm going to stick with this smoke pole and keep on keeping on to see what I can get done with it. I'll be hunting with it for sure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a single shot muzzle loader 12 ga. Got plenty of rabbits with it. I plan on playing around with my  12 ga double barrel . It
is not a muzzle loader but I plan on making bp shells for it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:43:59 AM EDT
[#11]
They’ve over doubled in price since I bought my double 12!!!  Great gun, kills turkeys dead!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top