Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2018 2:21:30 AM EDT
What can y'all tell me about TVM rifles, I'm wanting a flintlock and I'm intrigued by their Tennessee Rifle.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything I have ever heard about them is good.  Would love one.

Check out the Muzzleloading Forum and you'll find lots of them shown and discussed.

Rob
Link Posted: 4/20/2018 10:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Fine rifles, fine people,  you can't go wrong.

Doc
Link Posted: 8/4/2018 8:50:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes- great folks.  I have had one of their early Lancasters for about 18 years- beautiful and dead nuts accurate.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Those look nice.

Dumb question,  If you buy an "in the white" kit,  what is all required in finishing the barrel/metal?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 8:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have an Lancaster in 54 flint and steel trim on a beautiful tiger stripe maple stock.  Besides heavy it is a wonderful rifle that is accurate to me and has been reliable when I do what I am supposed to do.  For the money it is a great rifle.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
They're good folks. To those who build their own or follow the contemporary makers, they are a bit too "mass produced" and generic, but to you and I....they're gorgeous.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those look nice.

Dumb question,  If you buy an "in the white" kit,  what is all required in finishing the barrel/metal?
View Quote
You'll have to do everything. Some folks brown the barrels. Others soak them in a rusting/pitting solution, let it sit for a couple days and then use steel wool to remove it all. Gives an aged appearance. Still others treat them so they look "blued" like a modern gun would look. Personally, I think the rusting/pitting solution gives the best look, but YMMV. It's not as drastic as it sounds.

Sorry I don't know all the terminoligy yet. Hope that helps.
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m so glad you posted this thread . I’ve been looking at getting a complete rifle and was going to get he pedersoli Rocky Mountain in .54 in January. Instead I will be ordering an upgraded Southern rifle from TVM in .58. That thing looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top