Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2018 10:10:46 AM EDT
Long story short, yesterday I saw my 85 year old uncle, and he gives me this single shot black power handgun, not sure if it even real, so I snapped a couple of pictures with my phone. The only marking I see on it appears to be a stamp with a E, L and G in it I think. It is in pretty rough shape and again not even sure if it's a real gun. He claims that he bought it when he was 13 for $3.00. I'm clueless

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:38:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely not a toy-- The E over LG is a gunsmith's mark from Liege, Belgium-- nice little pocket type, later known as a Derringer, not a lot of collector value but a cool little thing and should be great fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I wouldn't shoot it. There were many fakes made with ELG markings.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
That looks like it, but the one I have is in bad shape. It might not be an "E" in the stamp and maybe it is a crown, it's so faded it's hard to tell. There is no way that I would shoot it, the grip has a split near the screw and it's just not worth the risk. But thank you for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top