Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 8:35:01 PM EDT
This is a 2 part question.

First:  I just got around to shooting my inline a few days ago.  I used 2 777 50 grain, 50 caliber pellets.  That thing kicked like a mule!  I remember shooting black powder rifles years ago with 80, 90 or 100 grains of powder, but they didn't kick like this.  My question is, is this normal?  Does 777 kick more than regular black?

Second:  The scope got ruined from recoil (yes recoil was that bad, but was a cheap BSA scope), and needs replaced.  I was going to use a 2-7x40 Nikon Prostaff.  anybody hae any pros or cons for or against this scope?  If cons, please recomend a different scope...

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
777 doesnt kick any harder than other propellant, IMO..
the bullet weight would have more of a impact on that i would think.

any quality scope, with quality scope mounts and bases will stand up to it.
the nikon should work very well.

stock design has more to do with recoil effects than anything else.

one of my elk loads ( my whitetail load for a number of years too) was a 385gr buffalo ball loaded in front of 100 gr of goex out of a T/C Renegade..

that was a beast..
i take it out to shoot that load a few times a year just to clean out my right sinus cavity.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:47:07 PM EDT
[#3]
i use several propellants..depending on the firearm.

but..one thing i have found that only powder forms..give the ignition reliably.
todays scopes are far more hardy than those of 40 years ago..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top