Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2020 6:31:33 PM EDT
I have a K31 but no clips for it.  I'm looking for ones that work and will last me a long time.

Are the plastic reproductions from northridge any good?

https://www.northridgeinc.com/product-p/sc-4-2.htm

There's also 3d printed repros:

https://www.3darsenals.com/products/7001

I can also get originals on ebay but they're the most expensive of the three and I'm not sure how they stack up against modern polymer ones.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I only know about the originals, made from paper and metal foil, and they were never intended to be re-usable. I saw some for sale recently, $9.95 each, looks like they are already out of stock at Apex
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 12:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a few of the original clips ,the cardboard and metal, they've held up well over the years as long as you don't get them wet.

Rather than keep using them I picked up another metal 6 round magazine.  I know I paid less than the $60. that they're commanding now, but they'll never wear out.

Ever since Guisan passed, the Swiss rifle forum just isn't the same, that's were I got mine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 1:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Libertytree has originals and repros, I hear good things about the repros
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
I have some of the northridge ones... They’re good to go for all you’ll ever need them for.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:05:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Northridge it is.  I might pick up an original just for the sake of it.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:08:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been using the same two original chargers/stripper clips for over 15 years.  If the non metal parts starts showing wear, I rehab it with hair spray.  Just like new!
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I have two of the plastic ones from Northridge. I like them, they work well and they seem to be more sturdy than the original ones. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:06:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I know a lot of people hate gunshows but I’ve picked up a hunch of original clips at gunshows from .50-$2 apiece just mixed in with other stripped clips.

I still got he plastic ones because I like the cardboard ones for display and don’t wanna wreck them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top