Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2020 7:49:44 PM EDT
What are these worth?
Can’t find much about serial number ranges 120XX.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a date code.  Please list the stamping on the frame.  The code is a letter or a letter and a number together.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is a date code.  Please list the stamping on the frame.  The code is a letter or a letter and a number together.
View Quote
No letters just numbers.

I found one site that said those without a date code are pre 1927. And that those with the EU on the Astra stamp like this one are pre 1926.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Just check the recoil springs... I have 2 of them I inherited from my father when he passed on.... one that I gave him as a Christmas present (he liked quirky Spanish pistols) and another that he bought on his own. Both original springs were considerably shorter than the replacement Wolff recoil springs and after replacement of those springs, both pistols functioned fine (they did beforehand also) but I wanted to prevent any frame battering. Value is around $300 in that condition... PS... I have actually used 38 ACP ammo in both pistols and they functioned fine, but the wider rim places a lot of stress on the extractor, and since extractors are hard to find, just use 9mm Largo if you can find it. As for reloading, Winchester 9x23 cases are nearly identical to 9mm Largo, but if handloading, reload them to 9mm Luger specs, if not lighter.

edited for content
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Is that the model that will supposedly function with any 9mm diameter cartirdge like .380, 9x19 in addition to the 9mm Largo it is chambered for?
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that the model that will supposedly function with any 9mm diameter cartirdge like .380, 9x19 in addition to the 9mm Largo it is chambered for?
View Quote
It’s a really bad idea.  The 9mm Largo is longer than all others.  If you put in a shorter case, you are asking the extractor to be the only support for the shell.  It’s a good way to lose an extractor, have a failure to fire or have a round  crammed too deep in the chamber.

And .38 Super is too powerful.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:20:16 AM EDT
[#6]
My Dad has an Astra 400. It's an weird gun to shoot. We shot a magazine of 9x19 through it just to see if it works. It does however leave the cases bulged.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#7]
OP, you have a very early gun.  I have one, SN 80,XXX.

It does not have a date code, either.

Further reading suggests that your pistol and mine may have been made during the SCW.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top