Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2017 7:50:47 AM EDT
Is it worth it in the people's republic?
Does the state recognize it such that I could buy C&R guns without the wait?
In a state where a flintlock pistol requires a 3 day waiting period I'm a little leary.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 1:46:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The guns laws in IL suck and are horribly written, but it is worth it to get a C&R.  Most dealers will sell you a C&R firearm with no waiting period.  I bought a webley revolver from a shop and they wanted me to fill out a 4473 and do a background check after giving them a copy of C&R, but no waiting period.

They are definitely worth it for mail order or buying guns when traveling out of state.  Without a C&R you can buy a rifle in neighboring state, but IL waiting period still applies.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a c&r but barely use it.  I got it to SBR and just haven't done that yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top