Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2016 7:06:10 PM EDT
I bought an m1 carbine on gunbroker the picture on the listing is totally different then the picture the seller emailed to me. He has good reviews but i don't want rifle now because it's totally different from the description and the picture from original listing. What should I do? Hell be sending the rifle in a day or 2 and it has 3 day return, should I just ask for a refund now to
avoid sending it back and is my reason for wanting a refund justifiable? He sold it as an underwood carbine with matching parts, and the picture from listing showed the rifle with no import marks, a type 1 sight and no bayonet lug but the pictures he emailed me show type 2 sight with a bayonet and import markings.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:08:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Why is he emailing you pictures after you bought an item already pictured in the auction?  You bought the item listed in the auction.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Because I asked him to send picture's of markings on the rifle because the picture from listing was a single picture and I wanted to see more of the rifle then the listing had.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
And he was out of town until yesterday so he was not able to send pictures until then
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you contact the seller with your concerns? Maybe he sent you the wrong rifle by accident.

ETA - meant rifle pictures
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:38:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I have contacted him I'm waiting for his response. What should I do if the pictures are correct?
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 7:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd ask for a refund if the pictures and description are different from what you're getting. There is a place in your Gunbroker account to dispute what

you received as different from the ad. I'd try to work it out with the seller 1st and use the dispute in Gunbroker 2nd if the seller doesn't make it right.

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:11:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I would contact the seller and communicate your concerns.  He may have sent the wrong pictures to you. He may have multiple rifles listed and mixed them up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top