Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 1 of 13)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Posted: 2/6/2015 5:48:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove]
We'll see if this thread gains traction.  Just a place to post deals that may be of interest to C&R junkies.  I'll kick it off with some 9x18 mak ammo for 26 cents shipped.  Free shipping with SH1097.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/silver-bear-9x18-mak-94-grain-fmj-ammo-500-rounds?a=492916&e=Y&CJ=1&cjaffilid=4084797&cjaffsite=Slickguns+Inc&cjadv=CJTSGUSA&cjadvid=1522857&utm_source=Slickguns+Inc&utm_medium=CJ&utm_campaign=Redirect-Enabled+Deep+Link
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say is that you guys are a bad influence.

Got one from SOG on the way!
Link Posted: 9/26/2015 12:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheDevilYouLove:
All I can say is that you guys are a bad influence.

Got one from SOG on the way!
View Quote

The locked closet thanks you.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Repro M1 carbine paratrooper stocks $119 free shipping.  I don't have an M1 yet or I'd jump on one of these:

link
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 11:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
SOG has M39s, says they just arrived from Finland aresenals...

Link

View Quote

Sold out!
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:12:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Repro M1 carbine paratrooper stocks $119 free shipping.  I don't have an M1 yet or I'd jump on one of these:

link
View Quote

Gone already?  I only see $150.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a weekend sale. Sign up for their emails.
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 8:51:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By walldj45:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walldj45:

link

$150??? Dang those liers!! they said 70 off was the 119 price.

Got one inbound. Always remove stock when clean. I can swap out then. It's like having two different guns.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 8:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Not C&R but Cabela's has repro Colt 1860 black powder revolvers on sale for $199

linko
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Classic Firearms will have another batch of M39 rifles on sale on October 12th:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r

M39 Finnish Mosin Nagant Rifle, VKT Manufacture, 5 Round Bolt Action, Surplus, Good / Very Good Condition, 7.62x54r Caliber.

Update 09/29/2015 - Unbelievable. Due to your overwhelming response all available Sako M39 Rifles from this batch sold out in under an hour.

Update 10/6/2015 - All rifles ordered on last shipment should be shipped out by end of day tomorrow. Next batch being sorted/ graded now.

The next batch of rifles will go on sale on Monday Oct 12th at 12:00 Noon EST.

A word of advice. Our last batch of rifles sold out in just over an hour and we expect this batch to do the same. Phone orders take longer and our operators can only handle so many calls in a short time frame so expect phone lines to be tied up during this period. Online ordering is much more efficient.

If you expect to get an order procesed please go ahead and create an account with us now if you don't already have one and make sure your C&R license or receiving dealers FFL is on file before Monday. Otherwise there is no way we can post or accept your order.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:47:15 AM EDT
[#10]
O
Originally Posted By lvcipriani:
Classic Firearms will have another batch of M39 rifles on sale on October 12th:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/finnish-m39-mosin-nagant-rifle-762x54r

M39 Finnish Mosin Nagant Rifle, VKT Manufacture, 5 Round Bolt Action, Surplus, Good / Very Good Condition, 7.62x54r Caliber.

Update 09/29/2015 - Unbelievable. Due to your overwhelming response all available Sako M39 Rifles from this batch sold out in under an hour.

Update 10/6/2015 - All rifles ordered on last shipment should be shipped out by end of day tomorrow. Next batch being sorted/ graded now.

The next batch of rifles will go on sale on Monday Oct 12th at 12:00 Noon EST.

A word of advice. Our last batch of rifles sold out in just over an hour and we expect this batch to do the same. Phone orders take longer and our operators can only handle so many calls in a short time frame so expect phone lines to be tied up during this period. Online ordering is much more efficient.

If you expect to get an order procesed please go ahead and create an account with us now if you don't already have one and make sure your C&R license or receiving dealers FFL is on file before Monday. Otherwise there is no way we can post or accept your order.
View Quote

Thanks for the information, but those rifles have been in rough shape.  Classic has been getting hammered over the description of the rifles and the cracked stock "hand selects".
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#11]
A couple people here ordered M39s from SOG (myself among them) and got some very nice rifles.  The buzz on the Classic rifles was less than enthusiastic.  I honestly can't believe they are selling them out that quickly at that price.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:25:18 AM EDT
[#12]
A couple people here ordered M39s from SOG (myself among them) and got some very nice rifles.  The buzz on the Classic rifles was less than enthusiastic.  I honestly can't believe they are selling them out that quickly at that price.
View Quote

Not everyone reads the forum chatter and classic filters bad reviews. Buyer beware...
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By djryan13:

Not everyone reads the forum chatter and classic filters bad reviews. Buyer beware...
View All Quotes

Thanks for the info, I won't buy one from them then!

I bought an M39 from Pat 3.5 years ago; one of these days I'll shoot it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 9:59:36 PM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

Well, I should have qualified that by saying if you complain enough with Classic, they will refund you with free return label. There are worst places... Only reason I know that is they are known for sending cracked stock hand picks. They hire blind people to do their hand picking. Got an sks from them with cracked stock. Took back for exchange. Sent me another then refused to exchange telling me my expectations were too high.. no, i just didnt want a cracked one.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 5:21:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:47:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GSL:
Mauser 98 @ J&G $229
View Quote

I picked up one out of the regular batch (not gunsmith special). Scrubbed markings but good bore. moderately worn original stock, EWB marked which is really cool. I'm really happy with it, lots of history.
Link Posted: 10/14/2015 8:53:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#17]
Originally Posted By governmentman:

I picked up one out of the regular batch (not gunsmith special). Scrubbed markings but good bore. moderately worn original stock, EWB marked which is really cool. I'm really happy with it, lots of history.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By governmentman:
Mauser 98 @ J&G $229

Kind of works in my favor to have them less than 5 miles away from me. Beats paying for shipping.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 2:56:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Not C&R but SOG has P83s for $189.  They are 9x18 mak.  Great pistols, I have one.  Stupid great price!

http://www.southernohiogun.com/polish-makarov-p83-pistol-9x18-cal.html
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 9:02:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Is $300 a good price for a 1901 6,5 mm Gevär m/1896?
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

If it's in good condition, I think I'd buy that.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I think that's about what I paid for mine about five years ago.

I don't think you'll go wrong picking it up if it's in good condition.
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bumblebee_Bob:

Thanks. I'll be selling one real soon as my friend needs the money.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:28:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Star Super B

$149.95 @ J&G, needs repair

$239.95 with extra mag @ AIM
View Quote

I wish they were C&R.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:29:44 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
Star Super B

$149.95 @ J&G, needs repair

$239.95 with extra mag @ AIM

Same here!
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#26]
$1,895 Swiss Lugers at SOG

Swiss Lugers
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 7:47:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By SirM1Garand:

Swiss Lugers
View Quote

not in by budget but would love to inspect one up close
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#28]

Swiss Lugers
View Quote

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#29]

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol
View All Quotes

Swiss Lugers

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol

One has to wonder how the SOG hand select procedure for $150, differs from anyone else's $20 hand select procedure?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:47:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#30]
Originally Posted By msg1956:

One has to wonder how the SOG hand select procedure for $150, differs from anyone else's $20 hand select procedure?
View All Quotes

Swiss Lugers

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol

Maybe a knowledgeable collector is doing the hand picking?  If so it may be worth it.  But I would not pay that.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#31]
NO NO NO..

Hand picking at most places doesnt work like that. They dont do hand picking when they get your order. They go through a crate or pallet of guns (in this case likely fewer) ahead of putting them for sale. They separate out the standards from the exceptional ones (sometimes the exceptional ones just look better or are a specific year or manufacturer i.e. Tula mosins).

Sure some places may do it differently, there is no doubt that the $150 markup just means they separated out a few that are better hopefully $150 better.

I know for a fact that the procedure above is used at J&G and Aim. Maybe not classic or the places that are known for sending crap. Very likely this is how SOG is doing it.

Maybe a knowledgeable collector is doing the hand picking?  If so it may be worth it.  But I would not pay that.
View All Quotes

Swiss Lugers

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#32]
well you get what you pay for in a Handjob do you want a $20 or $150 handjob :)
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#33]

I thought AIM's handpick was best of 5 they grab 5 out of the barrel and you get the best looking one.

NO NO NO..

Hand picking at most places doesnt work like that. They dont do hand picking when they get your order. They go through a crate or pallet of guns (in this case likely fewer) ahead of putting them for sale. They separate out the standards from the exceptional ones (sometimes the exceptional ones just look better or are a specific year or manufacturer i.e. Tula mosins).

Sure some places may do it differently, there is no doubt that the $150 markup just means they separated out a few that are better hopefully $150 better.

I know for a fact that the procedure above is used at J&G and Aim. Maybe not classic or the places that are known for sending crap. Very likely this is how SOG is doing it.

View All Quotes
NO NO NO..

Swiss Lugers

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Classic has said specifically that they look at the next 5 or 10 guns (whatever the number is) and send you the best of those 5 or 10.  Not sayin others don't do it differently.  Regardless, it matters how knowledgeable the guy doing the selection is about the guns he's picking through.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#35]
All of them describe it that way to make it easy for us to understand.. Perhaps, in essense that is what happens when they go through a crate. They handle all of them and take top 20% as hand pick (1 of 5). Just easier to describe as 1 of 5. Or maybe some say 1 of 10.. Or some just say "hand select".

Have you not noticed Aim or J&G or SOG always writing descriptions on the outside of the rifle box? That was written during the uncrating/sorting. Rifles come in crates normally. They sort and box a crate or so at a time. Call one of them and they will confirm what I am saying. Their shipping team is not part of the hand select (or rather doesnt have to be). Many people in their org will go help. Salespeople, customer service, etc... big uncrating party with no pizza or beer. Or maybe they will do it on slow days on the sales floor, "Sam, go sort a crate of SKS's".

Most of the time you will get something like: "Tula HS" written outside box. They are not picking from a crate when they are about to ship. They need to know how many hand selects they got before they sell them.

If they find any real gems, those go for more money for sale when they get enough. Any of you get lucky enough to buy an Aim "Select Grade"? I got one of their K31's.. Holy cow.

That's how those guys do their job efficiently. I cant speak for all of them. I just like to get to know people I buy from so have made a point to talk to them and ask questions. Nosy I guess.

Unlike Classic who dont care if they oversell HS, they will send you junk anyway.
I actually have no idea how they do it. I dont really care either.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#36]
NO NO NO..

View All Quotes
NO NO NO..

Swiss Lugers

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol

In red, is that so? Provide detailed information here.

But if you're talking about separating gunsmith specials and actual working guns, then you would be right.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I have talked on phone with them. That is how one of the managers at J&G described it to me when I asked him for details. I have always been happy with their service and hand selects and have NO reason to think he lied to me. If you know different or have more substantial evidence of the contrary, why dont you post your detailed info here?
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GSL] [#38]
Considering I'm 3.8 miles from them and have seen their gunsmith specials and run of the mill stuff, they don't take premium and hike it up. It's either works and needs no TLC and sold normally, or something is wrong like a cracked stock, lots of rust, and is marked down accordingly as a gunsmith special.

Handpicking at J&G as a customer or getting them to do it, means looking at them and picking the best condition.

You stated that they take premium stuff and hike it up. No, they do not. It's all sold the same except for the TLC items, because it needs lots of love to get back to something nice. Do you know who decides what is a gunsmith special and what isn't? Their full time gunsmiths that they hired from Yavapai.
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 8:39:31 PM EDT
[#39]
Considering I'm 3.8 miles from them and have seen their gunsmith specials and run of the mill stuff, they don't take premium and hike it up. It's either works and needs no TLC and sold normally, or something is wrong like a cracked stock, lots of rust, and is marked down accordingly as a gunsmith special.

Handpicking at J&G as a customer or getting them to do it, means looking at them and picking the best condition.

You stated that they take premium stuff and hike it up. No, they do not. It's all sold the same except for the TLC items, because it needs lots of love to get back to something nice. Do you know who decides what is a gunsmith special and what isn't? Their full time gunsmiths that they hired from Yavapai.
View Quote

Perhaps because you are so close you are unfamiliar with their "Collector's Corner" on their website. Wish I lived close though. Got myself a beautiful yugo refurb K98 for about $50 premium over the other THREE yugo refurbs I bought from them a couple weeks before. I can send you my receipts if you are still doubting the way things work.

To get back on subject, please keep an eye on the "Collector's Corner" link on j&g.. Sometimes cool stuff but who the f' wants that stupid enfield stock??
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 9:28:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: msg1956] [#40]

View All Quotes

Swiss Lugers

Now we're talking!!

$150 hand pick fee, lol

First, my comment was meant to be tough in cheek.  There is absolutely no way you could convince me that the SOG $150 fee was worth it.  And, at this price point, I am sure that SOG has gone over EVERY single one of these pistols before hand,  to determine their grade and value. We are not talking tens of thousands of $79 Mosin Nagants, coverned in cosmoline here!

Link Posted: 11/4/2015 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Not the purpose of this thread
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 8:21:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Simple.. SOG has deemed them to be worth $150 more based on quality. You are paying for product, not service.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 10:18:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Simple.. SOG has deemed them to be worth $150 more based on quality. You are paying for product, not service.
View Quote

That doesn't sound like a current sale. So you two girls take it outside.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By CRCguns:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CRCguns:

You dont have to get nasty. The discussion was pertinent to the posted deal. Not like we are seeing a ton of C&R deals lately. Complain to mods if you have a problem.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Take the discussion elsewhere.  This is a deals thread - not a discussion/debate thread.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:17:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#46]
Numrich  has Beretta 1951s for $250 on gunraper

link
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 4:06:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djryan13] [#47]
Numrich  has Beretta 1951s for $250 on gunraper

link
View Quote

Cool. I have always wanted a Beretta (well, at least one made after 1945)..

Only Fair to good but not a bad price anyway.

Thanks!

Here is latest link (keep clicking on new listing if sold). I am posting a quick bit of info in another thread.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 12:51:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheDevilYouLove] [#48]
Empire Arms just sent out an e-mail with some new stuff.  I won't link to it so I don't get in trouble with him.

Did anyone catch that he's getting re-married?  His wife just died a few months ago, homeboy moves quickly...

ETA: his best man was the keyboardist for the band Iron Maiden.  That's freaking awesome!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Empire Arms just sent out an e-mail with some new stuff.  I won't link to it so I don't get in trouble with him.

Did anyone catch that he's getting re-married?  His wife just died a few months ago, homeboy moves quickly...
View Quote

A. You are not supposed to announce it AT ALL - he's very clear about that.

B. Seriously?  Take it to GD.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:08:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Veterans get $25 off at SOG until Monday.  Lots of C&R stuff in stock.

http://www.southernohiogun.com/#
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 13
Tacked C&R deals IN STOCK NOW! (Page 1 of 13)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top