Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 12:49:19 AM EDT

Why oh why does Century have to prominently engrave this in some horrible dot matrix engraving right across
the slide or frame of every handgun they sell!!!???

I have plenty of C&R handguns from other importers who manage to do it discretely (yet legally) so as not to
screw up the entire appearance of the gun.

I'm at the point that the minute I see the C.A.I. chicken scratch, I put the gun down and walk away.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 1:45:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Because they have to.

Now location....They put it where it is convenient to them. Time is $ and Century Arms is in the $ making business.

Collectors have complained for a long time and Century's response has been they don't care as collectors are a small percentage of their customers.

For their credit they have actually made their BB mark a lot smaller than when they first started using it.

R-Guns and PWA have a worse sized and located BB import mark.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Their rollmark is sooooo awful.  They could charge a $20 premium for under-the-grip marks and we'd pay it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Why oh why does Century have to prominently engrave this in some horrible dot matrix engraving right across
the slide or frame of every handgun they sell!!!???

I have plenty of C&R handguns from other importers who manage to do it discretely (yet legally) so as not to
screw up the entire appearance of the gun.

I'm at the point that the minute I see the C.A.I. chicken scratch, I put the gun down and walk away.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Agreed. Unless I REALLY want a shooter a obvious billboard is a stop sign for me.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:55:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their rollmark is sooooo awful.  They could charge a $20 premium for under-the-grip marks and we'd pay it.
View Quote

This, I would definitely pay a $20 premium for under the grip.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:32:19 AM EDT
[#5]
The Billboards are a definite turn off for me......Unless the price is right.

That said they will be the first ones I'll get shed of when I can find another example with a more discrete import mark.

Yes I will pay a slight premium for a discrete marking.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 3:53:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Century is all about the cheapest way to do anything . They want quick easy and cheap so this is what you get
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top