Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2014 4:46:38 PM EDT
My usual research has provided a small segment of the market and I am unable to price out an Argentine FN49 I'm looking at buying.

An old timer is selling it and he's hard of hearing.  Can't get a ton of info out of him.

Let's assume the worst and it's non-matching but functional and in overall good shape.

I've seen listings as high as $1600 for matching w/bayonet, and as low as people posting on forums that they got them for $800.

What's fair on these?  I was under the impression that the Argentine .308s were the more desirable of the varieties.  I have an Egyptian in 8mm, but I figured he needed a friend.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Your going to pay at least 1K for a nice one. (G-VG condition)

HDH.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Yours is very nice.

Just picked mine up.  Turns out it's all matching.  Decent shape.  Certainly a shooter.  Thank God the old fellow that sold it still had the rear sight.

Gun, three mags, case, bayonet, scope mount, and 60 rounds of LC 7.62x51 for $760, FTF.  Subtract out the extras and the rifle alone was basically less than $500.  The scope mount alone is $160 new.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice score.
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 9:17:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Really sweet deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top