Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2013 8:18:09 AM EDT
One question though.

Who's the importer? It's so freaking tiny I can't read their name.

I can make out Longmont, CO and the caliber but the font or style or something is different enough I can't make out the name.

Answered my own question...who knew a potato could take a decent picture?

M+M, Inc. Longmont, CO

The crown seems aweful deep to me. Is this normal for these? I'm leaning towards "Swiss style counterboring".  

Sadness..fresh gouges.

Troop tag

Looks like:
Kunz Fritz
(I don't know these abreviations)
Zurich
Hegarstrasse(?) 7

Reverse side

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:22:58 AM EDT
[#1]
its m+m inc out of colorado
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:35:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I honestly could not read that until I took the pic and enlarged it. On my phone no less.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:09:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine's arrived as well!  But I haven't : (  Pics when I do.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool! Get crackin'! Pics or it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool! Get crackin'! Pics or it didn't happen.
View Quote

<--- not close to the mailbox.  Will have to wait to see the antique.  Got the best of the antique 96/11s they had left, I hope.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#7]
That is not a counter bore, that is the crown, and that is the original crown.

Tag info here

his name
unit:  territorial Kompanie 613
city:   Zurich
Street he lived on....

On the back, the top number is the ser#, and the second line is his military ID number.  There is a way of decoding that if you want to look around on the swiss rifle forum enough

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:50:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Tag info here

his name
Street he lived on....

On the back, the top number is the ser#, and the second line is his military ID number.  There is a way of decoding that if you want to look around on the swiss rifle forum enough

View Quote

Thanks for the bit about the muzzle. It's such a unique profile, and unlike that of my K31, that I thought it might be a counterbore attempt.

Thanks also for filling in the gaps on the troop tag. I took 3 yrs of high school German and could get most of it but having not used it in more than 35 yrs abbreviations might as well be Greek.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for the bit about the muzzle. It's such a unique profile, and unlike that of my K31, that I thought it might be a counterbore attempt.

Thanks also for filling in the gaps on the troop tag. I took 3 yrs of high school German and could get most of it but having not used it in more than 35 yrs abbreviations might as well be Greek.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tag info here

his name
Street he lived on....

I don't speak a lick of german, and do good to speak proper english, but I've been around the tags a little while, and have gotten letters back from both of my K31 former owners.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#10]
My K31 didn't have a troop tag.

But I shot it in my first vintage military match last spring. The other guys, all older (and I'm 54!) Were impressed with my rythym in the prone rapid fire stage. Too bad the gun wad shooting a couple inches low and a couple right.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 4:18:25 AM EDT
[#11]
I received my 96/11 yesterday afternoon as well.  I will see if I can post photos later this evening.  

It appears that the difference is the rear butt plate and the pistol grip area?  Is that the only difference between 1911 and a 1896/1911?

My wood is walnut and definately darker.  

PS.  Was yours a hand pick?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes I got a handpicked.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I received my 96/11 yesterday afternoon as well.  I will see if I can post photos later this evening.  

It appears that the difference is the rear butt plate and the pistol grip area?  Is that the only difference between 1911 and a 1896/1911?

My wood is walnut and definately darker.  

PS.  Was yours a hand pick?
View Quote

The mag cutouts, and I think the trigger guards are different as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top