Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2013 1:23:35 AM EDT
Hey everyone, just joined my first firearms forum and it's already looking pretty great! I apologize if this isn't the appropriate place for this post, but I couldn't find a new introductions forum and this section pertains to most of my gun interests.

Little info about myself, a good friend of mine had always been a huge gun enthusiast and eventually convinced me to buy my first gun 2 years ago which was a 1943 Tula 91/30 Mosin Nagant. That rifle is what started my addiction to milsurp firearms (plus I've always been a huge history buff and love anything WWI/WWII related). Shortly thereafter, I bought a one owner never fired Norinco SKS, and then a Norinco model 213 Tokarev 9mm, though I always preferred to have an original chambered 7.62x25 Tokarev. After a year, ended up trading the Mosin and SKS for a Glock 21 SF .45ACP model and then I bought a Ruger .357 Magnum Security-Six. I eventually sold all these, but now I have a better collection that I don't plan on parting with. 1942 Tula 91/30, Russian SKS, Yugo 24/47 8mm bent bolt Mauser, and just recently a DPMS AR15. I was also given a Norinco 54-1 Tokarev as a birthday gift from my friend that knew how bad I wanted the 7.62x25 version. I'll try to post some pics if I can.

My past Mosin Nagant and SKS
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2884/11286727316_b4fe59a4a1_b.jpg
Untitled by Sn8kebitten, on Flickr

The day i bought the SKS, I loved the way the stock shined so bright in the sunlight.
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3707/11286726666_911fae47dd_b.jpg

My old Norinco 213 9mm
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/11286671665_cc2a0d6695_b.jpg

My current Tokarev 54-1
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5472/11286751324_855b76e737_b.jpg

And the rest of my Milsurp collection
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3790/11286728226_5773cae2fd_b.jpg

I am planning on refinishing my Mauser's stock. I was really disappointed when I ordered it from Samco Global and the stock was so dark but it's definitely my favorite out of my rifles. The bore is immaculate on it. I'm planning on buying a new O-Pap AK47 soon to add to my slowly growing collection and hopefully I can find an SVT40 in the next year. Almost bought a gorgeous Nagant revolver today but the guy just sold it this morning lol. As you can see I have an obsession with Russian milsurp stuff for some reason.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just excited to be here and wanted to share my small collection with my fellow gun enthusiasts. I'm sure I'll be around this section a lot with plenty of questions. Thanks for reading!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice start to your collection. Warning: Collecting this stuff is an addiction! These things multiply like rabbits.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:25:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to the forum!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:12:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice start to your collection. Warning: Collecting this stuff is an addiction! These things multiply like rabbits.
View Quote

You're not kidding, my two 91/30's had a laminate love child and my m38 and m44 made another m44.  And all those Russians made me build a 5.45x39 AR.  My wallet hates me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#4]
welcome to forum. I would leave the Mauser stock alone. Looks great.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:24:30 AM EDT
[#5]
You might want to put the fixed mag back in the Russian sks
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

You're not kidding, my two 91/30's had a laminate love child and my m38 and m44 made another m44.  And all those Russians made me build a 5.45x39 AR.  My wallet hates me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol I know what you mean. I guess this is really more like a support group than a forum!... only, I don't want to ever kick this habit
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks everyone! And I would but it only came with two 30 round mags when I bought it. I've read about feeding problems with these non factory mags but I've never had any problems with it
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Thanks everyone! And I would but it only came with two 30 round mags when I bought it. I've read about feeding problems with these non factory mags but I've never had any problems with it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its not just that, the future value suxs if you doesn't have its original. Because they are a matched to the rifle..

Do you have its original?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:30:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

its not just that, the future value suxs if you doesn't have its original. Because they are a matched to the rifle..

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sadly I don't. The previous owner never mentioned what he did with it. But I only bought it for $300
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

No sadly I don't. The previous owner never mentioned what he did with it. But I only bought it for $300
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea that was what i was afraid of. They are commonly disgarded/misplaced when people change out the mags.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:52:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm glad you mentioned that though because I haven't really thought about it until now. I still have the previous owners info so I just emailed him about the fixed mag. I hope he still has it somewhere. He said he bought the gun new years and years ago so maybe
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 8:59:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm glad you mentioned that though because I haven't really thought about it until now. I still have the previous owners info so I just emailed him about the fixed mag. I hope he still has it somewhere. He said he bought the gun new years and years ago so maybe
View Quote

back in the good ol days they were 90$ or so all day long. Now those times are passed due to the import ban in the states. If you could get that rifle back complete with its original mag you will double its current value , and what you paid for it. As of now its a $300 max shooter grade. I know it sounds harsh; but i like to tell people straight up so they know where their rifle is. No sense beating round the bush.

Still its a fine rifle; but a duck billed mag on a Russian sks is a turn off for many who put the bills down.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to the forum OP - nice looking collection. Look into getting an 03 FFL (Curio & Relics) if you do not already have one.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:34:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Welcome to the forum OP - nice looking collection. Look into getting an 03 FFL (Curio & Relics) if you do not already have one.
View Quote

Talked to previous owner and he said he'll see if he can find the fixed mag. Hopefully he can but the value honestly doesn't matter to me because I don't plan on selling it. But thanks BigBear! Are there any age requirements to get a 03 FFL? I'm only 20 years old..
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:12:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Talked to previous owner and he said he'll see if he can find the fixed mag. Hopefully he can but the value honestly doesn't matter to me because I don't plan on selling it. But thanks BigBear! Are there any age requirements to get a 03 FFL? I'm only 20 years old..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

21 and older i believe.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:45:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

21 and older i believe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

21 and older i believe.

Spax is correct - that is ok though.  This will give you time to save up some money.  Once you have your 03 FFL they tend to multiply much faster Great for the collection addiction but hard on the wallet
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:45:16 PM EDT
[#17]
You need to go ahead and stock up on mosins . In case of a shortage. Oh and welcome .

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 7:19:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Welcome OP! Nice collection so far!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top