Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2013 8:27:29 AM EDT
I put this originally in the AK section but haven't got a response yet.  From what I can gather these aren't C&R because of the new parts but being that they are sorta kinda C&R I was hoping that you guys can help me out. Which one should I get!!??  I found one of each both with the wood furnature and only a $150 difference.  As a collector I'm thinking the standard is more "original"  but the shorty is just so damn bad ass looking with the M60 flash hinder and the shortened barrel.  I can only get one so don't say buy both, I would if I could.  What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Not even close to the right section, and don't you mean RPD in any instance?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
My bad I did mean RPD.  Sorry if I offended anyone for being in the wrong place. MOD's if you want to lock or move please do.  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Are tout along semi conversions or full auto machine guns?

My vote goes shorty with M60 flash hider. I have one and love it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Semi auto, the shorty is so bad ass!!! I'm just thinkin if I'm spending that amount of money I should get the original configuration.  Idk, I'm truly torn but I'm leaning toward the shorty.  Any reliability issues?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Semi auto, the shorty is so bad ass!!! I'm just thinkin if I'm spending that amount of money I should get the original configuration.  Idk, I'm truly torn but I'm leaning toward the shorty.  Any reliability issues?
View Quote

Get it from a reputable builder who will service it. Mine is from Project Guns. Mine works pretty well, but can be finicky some times but it's something I expected.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Get it from a reputable builder who will service it. Mine is from Project Guns. Mine works pretty well, but can be finicky some times but it's something I expected.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's who I was going to get it from.  I spoke to Stan, seems like a nice guy.  When you say finicky what exactly do you mean?  That makes me nervous and was one of the reasons I was just thinking about sticking with the full size.
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's who I was going to get it from.  I spoke to Stan, seems like a nice guy.  When you say finicky what exactly do you mean?  That makes me nervous and was one of the reasons I was just thinking about sticking with the full size.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not based on the length of there gas system, it's the fact that these semi guns are conversions of full auto. I treat them like boutique guns, I don't expect them to run like a solid AK because the design was modified. The striker system works, but it takes getting used to. The trigger reset sucks as a result. It's a great gun, a lot of fun, but don't expect to never have malfunctions is all I mean. To me, it's my favorite gun, and I'd buy another  if I had the cash.

Needs more pictures. Since this picture, I bought a separate top cover and modified it and adapted a Midwest Industries AK micro red dot mount and primary arms red dot.

Link Posted: 10/23/2013 5:48:47 PM EDT
[#8]
if you put pictures in that last post they didn't show up.  Can you rock and roll with this rifle?  Or is the trigger reset an issue with really getting after it and making it sing?
Link Posted: 10/23/2013 6:11:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
if you put pictures in that last post they didn't show up.  Can you rock and roll with this rifle?  Or is the trigger reset an issue with really getting after it and making it sing?
View Quote

Image works for me. I have a friend who has been able to bump fire it from the bench from the shoulder, but it can't. It's very accurate with the short and very stuff barrel though.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:50:55 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a dsa rpd  orig config. Its a big heavy gun but its for sure cool if i could choose i would probably choose the shorter version it seems it would be a bit lighter and more handy. The orig config is pretty big and unwieldy imo.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I pulled the trigger on the shorty.  They're going to ship it on Monday.  I didn't get the M60 flash hider because although it looks cool it really doesn't go with the rifle so he's sending a cap to go over the threads until I can decide what I want to do.  I got it from Project Guns.  I'll let you know how it is when I get it.  The guy Stan was saying that it was one of two (the other is a full size) that he was very happy with the fit and finish of the kit that he got and the wood on the rifle.  He said he has a bunch of kits that he's getting ready to do another build with that are nice but not as nice as these two.  I'll try to post pics when I get it.  Thanks for all of  the advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top