Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2013 9:41:27 AM EDT
Had the day off with nothing to do so decided to check out some local shops. Wasn't really looking for anything in particular just killing time and ended up taking home a Mosin for the hell of it. My only experience with them is my Chinese Type 53 that I picked up awhile back and refinished because it was so cheap. It seems to be in good shape and the bore is mint. Shiney all the way down. No dark spots. I'm tackling the cosmoline now but was hoping you guys could tell me more about the markings. The numbers all seem to match, however the "magazine plate?) has two serial's with one being crossed out. It also came with a sling and a scope mount but I took the mount off because I like the original look better.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:53:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a pretty standard Refurbished 91/30 Tula Round receiver. For a more in depth explanation of your marking you will want to check here http://7.62x54r.net/
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice refurb there. Its uncommon to find a prewar 91/30 with a nice, shiny bore since the vast majority of those prewar rifles saw heavy use in WW2.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top