User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2013 7:33:11 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 7:34:58 AM EDT
[#1]
your link... I see what you did there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I wasn't aware they were letting them back in as it was....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Where do you think most of the M1 Carbines and Garands come from?
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 8:45:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Rifles owned by the US Army that were lended to other countries who return them to the US Army who gives the, to the CMP.

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:02:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Rifles owned by the US Army that were lended to other countries who return them to the US Army who gives the, to the CMP.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the link.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 9:53:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I e-mailed my congress critters first thing this morning when I heard about it.  I don't know what else can be done.  I will send e-mails before and after the next elections too.

Keeping M1 Garands and Carbines from coming into the country is not saving any lives.

-J
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Does this affect mosins and sks?
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#8]
No, it does not affect Mosin's and SKS's, it only affects U.S. weapons that were sold to foreign governments from being re-imported. Clearly this is targeted at the Garands and Carbines in South Korea, also clearly a dick move. Just another useless act by the "anointed one" that will not make a single American safer but will penalize those of us that collect milsurps.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#9]

dammit
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#10]
I thought all the M1s in South Korea were already bought and paid for by Century?
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the Korean ones they've been holding up for YEARS now?

When was the last time a large group of lend-lease rifles came back that WEREN'T the ones that came back from Greece years ago?

I'm not trying to be a smartass. My understanding is any private company needs the State Dept's approval to bring US military arms back into the country and they aren't granting their approval often, if at all.

This is more "business as usual" by the administration. It's still stupid, but it really isn't a new position, just a new way of saying "No!"
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were next, especially the SKS'.

I mean, come on, if M1's are "getting to the street", they'll probably go after something that had been used "in the street" a LOT more often eventually,
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, it does not affect Mosin's and SKS's, it only affects U.S. weapons that were sold to foreign governments from being re-imported. Clearly this is targeted at the Garands and Carbines in South Korea, also clearly a dick move. Just another useless act by the "anointed one" that will not make a single American safer but will penalize those of us that collect milsurps.
View Quote

Clearly, but it really isn't about "safety", any more than "assault weapons" bans are. .

Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#14]

A little history lesson for you youngsters.  The original ban on reimportation of US military weapons goes all the way back to 1958 (not a typo).

The change was lobbied for by...  Wait for it ...  US weapons manufacturers!  They were losing significant amount of sales due to the numbers of weapons coming in.
Link Posted: 8/29/2013 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, that'll work to stop gun crime.  Think of all the shitcago thugs who wont be able to get more garands for street crime, yeah.  This will end up just like everything else this rtard administration has done, absolute failure and meaningless bullshit to appease the bleeding heart pussies who still worship him.  He can eat a bag of dicks.

/end rant.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 4:55:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A little history lesson for you youngsters.  The original ban on reimportation of US military weapons goes all the way back to 1958 (not a typo).

The change was lobbied for by...  Wait for it ...  US weapons manufacturers!  They were losing significant amount of sales due to the numbers of weapons coming in.
View Quote

Same with the 93 Norinco/Chinese import ban.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 5:20:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, why do you think the DoT ban on surplus HMMWV's came around the same time GM started selling the civilian H1.
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 7:27:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/30/2013 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I mean, come on, if M1's are "getting to the street", they'll probably go after something that had been used "in the street" a LOT more often eventually,
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, because we hear about so many M1 Garands being toted by gang bangers or used by spree killers...  

More BS so Obama can look like he is "doing something"...  What the whole thing really amounts to is a a big F_(< YOU to the firearms community (collectors & shooters) by the Obamites.  We need to give them a big F_(< YOU back by doing whatever is legally possible to try to get as many of them out of office as possible in the upcoming elections.  We need to make the midterm 1994 elections look like a good day for the Democrats.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:34:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Not sure if the CMP 'imports' the Garands/Carbines.  They are not import stamped.  This new anti-crime executive order may only affect importers.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 9:50:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Not sure if the CMP 'imports' the Garands/Carbines.  They are not import stamped.  This new anti-crime executive order may only affect importers.
View Quote

CMP does not Import rifles. Rifles are returned to the US Army that were loaned to other countries, they are then turned over to CMP
CMPs Director of operations stated this will not affect them
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#22]
-duplicate-
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#23]
From what i understand there isnt much inventory left in forgein hands.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 11:17:58 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#25]

This is what I've been looking for - an organized effort to try to get Obama's executive action reversed/ rescinded. I'll be contacting my representatives tomorrow.

Thanks so much for posting this.
Link Posted: 9/6/2013 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

This is what I've been looking for - an organized effort to try to get Obama's executive action reversed/ rescinded. I'll be contacting my representatives tomorrow.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Century takes a cheap shot at the CMP in that release, and spread some disinformation.  The DOD does not import martial arms for the CMP as they allude to.  The DOD receives returned US government property that was given as foreign military aid (some of which in the case of 30 cal rifles) are then donated to the CMP.  Big difference. It is not bought back or re-purchased from those countries by the DOD.  The DOD does not profit from it, nor is the CMP a quasi government agency as they claim. The CMP is a federally chartered non-profit 501c corporation that uses the rifle sales proceeds to further civilian marksmanship. They don't personally profit or line their pockets with the proceeds from sales.  It goes into an endowment unlike a for-profit corp such as Century. Those comments are nothing more than an infantile attack by a company who thinks they alone should be able to corner the market on all firearm imports and movements into this country even though there is a marked difference between what the CMP and Century do.  

I do not agree with this executive action BS by the White House by any means, but f@%& Century for throwing that shit out there in that press release.  

Petition on WH.gov has been going on since last week:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...earms/Gw1Pc64d

Century cockbags need to do a little bit of reading here:

http://www.thecmp.org/Comm/About_Us.htm

Link Posted: 9/6/2013 4:34:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#28]
I really wanted to see those korean m1 rifles and carbines come in someday
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really wanted to see those korean m1 rifles and carbines come in someday
View Quote

I think by reading through the lines that the 250,000 that the state dept has OKed per the white house press release are the M1s that Century bought from South Korea, so I hope we see them.  Dont get your hopes up on any carbines or any future M1s after these last 250,000
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I think by reading through the lines that the 250,000 that the state dept has OKed per the white house press release are the M1s that Century bought from South Korea, so I hope we see them.  Dont get your hopes up on any carbines or any future M1s after these last 250,000
View Quote

Legislation can change that, so call your congress critters already!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top