Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2013 5:55:54 PM EDT
my dad's had this for awhile and i've never gotten around to looking into it. from what i can tell its a public security sks i think due to the CJA stamp. i have no idea really i'm not too informed on sks'. here are some pics.

what are these generally running nowadays? not sure of current prices after the whole panic. any help would be great guys!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Made in 1968 at State Arsenal 26 in China.  Pic of whole rifle?  Numbers match on receiver, bolt carrier, bolt, trigger guard, top cover, magazine, under rear sight, gas tube, etc?
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
they do on the bolt, receiver, magazine, and and trigger guard, didn't know where else there was a serial number. i think it should all be matching
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:14:07 AM EDT
[#3]
I think that is a  cia stamp...

Century International Arms...

could be wrong, but they have imported a lot of stuff over the years.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 4:30:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Think it's already been covered, but it is a 1968 Jianshe arsenal SKS. The 26 inside of a triangle identifies it as a Jianshe arsenal, which is good, because those are the only Chinese SKSs that you can reliably date - all of the other ones have numbers and dates from all over the place. The fact that your serial number is a 12,xxx,xxx number means that is was made in 1968 because the Chinese numbered their SKSs by serial number equalling date, IE 1956 (original date the Jianshe factory started producing SKS) + 12 (from your serial number) = 1968. Had it been a 11, it would've been a 1967. You get the idea... A lot of this information can be found on Yooper John's SKS page. You might find additional information concerning your SKS there as well. Pricewise? Well, I think Classic was selling matching SKSs for ~$400 last week, but I haven't gone looking to be honest.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 7:34:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Exactly. That's "CIA" or Century International Arms. The importer. That's why there's a US City and State listed next to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that is a  cia stamp...

Century International Arms...

could be wrong, but they have imported a lot of stuff over the years.

Exactly. That's "CIA" or Century International Arms. The importer. That's why there's a US City and State listed next to it.

i guess its hard to tell due to my shitty picture but upon closer inspection it definitely looks like a CJA rather than CIA
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a couple SKS's with the same import mark years ago, it is a CJA.  The company is China Jin Ahn out of Southfield, MI.  They are a US Importer, not sure if they are still in business though.  That was back when you could still get a nice SKS for $89
Link Posted: 7/20/2013 4:59:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Chinese Type-56...plus what everyone else has stated.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 7:47:20 PM EDT
[#9]
what makes this one a "public security" SKS?  I thought the actual public security SKSs were marked as such in Chinese?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top