Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/2/2013 1:38:29 PM EDT
Went out today and shot one of my mosins. Trying to find a good contender for a PEM scope. I think this one has some potential.

You can see I was walking the elevation to see how much it was changing.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 1:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Agreed!

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 2:19:23 PM EDT
[#2]
A 28/76 in a 91/30 stock? Yep. That should work. Good shooting!
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 3:03:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I would give a finger to be able to go out and shoot at range with snow like that, where is that anyways ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 3:06:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I would give a finger to be able to go out and shoot at range with snow like that, where is that anyways ?

Around great lakes...

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 4:20:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Good shooting comrade, go see Vasily about become glorious homeland sniper!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2013 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Spasibo.

Wanted to give some history on the rifle.

It is in fact a M28-76 that I bought as a barreled action. No front sight. No stock.. Rough looking.

I bought a 91/30 stock opened it up for a thicker barrel, sanded it, and applied a lot of coats of Pine tar that I ordered from Sweeden.....

Bough new front sight and sight screws from Finland installed them and went out shooting.  Got my elevation dialed in. (Started at the bottom) Side to side looks OK. I think I am going to order a PEM scope and put it on this rifle. I got a few other mosins but they don't perform as well.

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I was going to say get rid of the bent bolt but I see you're going to scope anyhow.  She looks purty!
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Put PE scope on. I had some issues trying to tap blind holes, so I welded the base on. Need to refinish the blueing .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top