Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2012 2:42:28 PM EDT
Hi everybody,

I was interested in purchasing a Yugo M48 off of Cheaper than Dirt for $220 but, I have a few concerns;

1.) What kind of accuracy can you expect out of the box with commercial and surplus ammo.
2.) How easy is it to reload for? (bullet and brass availability, reload data, die cost)
3.) How available is surplus ammo and the average cost?
Link Posted: 7/1/2012 6:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]

1.) What kind of accuracy can you expect out of the box with commercial and surplus ammo.
2.) How easy is it to reload for? (bull
et and brass availability, reload data, die cost)

Accuracy is very good with mine, depends on ammo and gun condition though.

Reloading is as easy as for any other bottle neck center fire cartridge, brass is available, I use Privi but there are others, data is in any reloading book, dies are $25-$40, depends on brand.

Surplus ammo has dried up. Best bet is reloading.

And welcome

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:32:36 AM EDT
[#2]
mines min of what im aiming at,very accurate ( m48a)

Ammo...dried up.

I have abunch but it was cheap back then and i was on a 50$ mauser a month buying spree when turks were everywhere....

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#3]
My brother's (formerly mine) gets 1.5-2 MOA with 185 gr. Core Lokt handloads. I haven't really developed the load, ando it can almost certainly do better. The outside of the rifle looks like it's definitely been used, but the rifling is nice and crisp.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#4]
I have six or seven Yugo bolt guns, these generally get around 2moa+ with surplus.  Better with Priv.  I picked up 70's Romanian surplus for around .12 a round a long time ago, Still have a few K left to shoot up.  I think it's about 20-30 a round now days.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:30:51 AM EDT
[#5]

It is a fine rifle and it is easy to handload 8mm ammo.

My favorite 8mm handload uses the 200 grain Speer bullet and 44.0 grains of IMR-4064.  This is a very soft shooting accurate load.  Give it a try.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one that's in excellent condition with near mint bore. Using '50s Yugo surplus, it shoots a solid 2" five shot group at 100 yards. With M75 ammo, it's about 1.75". I would imagine that I could get MOA or close with handloads, but just haven't tried it, yet. Great rifles for the money, for sure.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the info though I am still on the ropes about getting it now that the surplus has dried up.
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 3:41:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info though I am still on the ropes about getting it now that the surplus has dried up.

There's not as much of it around as there used to be, but it certainly hasn't "dried up". I've never understood why some people believe that something has dried up, just because every single vendor doesn't carry it for next to nothing anymore. I just spent literally ten seconds searching and found  a bunch of it for sale. That's without even trying hard.

Link Posted: 7/2/2012 7:51:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hi everybody,

I was interested in purchasing a Yugo M48 off of Cheaper than Dirt for $220 but, I have a few concerns;

2.) How easy is it to reload for? (bullet and brass availability, reload data, die cost)

Based on your info I was going to order one since I had been wanting an M48 for a while and that's a good price..  Turns out CTD doesn't deal with 03 FFLs at all, even for C&R eligible rifles.  I guess they don't want my money.  I don't expect to ever shop their site again.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi everybody,

Based on your info I was going to order one since I had been wanting an M48 for a while and that's a good price..  Turns out CTD doesn't deal with 03 FFLs at all, even for C&R eligible rifles.  I guess they don't want my money.  I don't expect to ever shop their site again.

I would give up fire arms before I would deal with CDT.

This is the ad they put up on their web site the day after the '08 election.  Look at the prices and the lies.  $40 for a $12 Pmag.  They are gougers.

Link Posted: 7/5/2012 5:47:23 AM EDT
[#11]
They did the same thing with their ammo, too. You couldn't pay me to accept free product from them.

Just one example:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top