Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2011 4:38:53 PM EDT
Just curious what the times are for renewal approval on the C&R?
Link Posted: 8/21/2011 5:04:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll put it this way, I sent my renewal form in the day after I got it.......  I got my license 2 weeks after my old one lapsed, and I had to call them twice to ask about it.  That was at the end of last year.  It took mine about 4months
Link Posted: 8/22/2011 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'll put it this way, I sent my renewal form in the day after I got it.......  I got my license 2 weeks after my old one lapsed, and I had to call them twice to ask about it.  That was at the end of last year. It took mine about 4months

I'm going on 4 months and 3 weeks.  I've been calling the last week or so.  I also emailed and go a response today saying that the customer rep talked to my examiner and she's aware.  There's a fine line between being persistent and pissing someone off.  I'm not sure I want to cross it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 2:26:21 PM EDT
[#3]
see thread

This is my third renewal and this is the longest it has ever taken. The past two had less than a two week turn time from the date my check cashed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2011 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll put it this way, I sent my renewal form in the day after I got it.......  I got my license 2 weeks after my old one lapsed, and I had to call them twice to ask about it.  That was at the end of last year. It took mine about 4months

I'm going on 4 months and 3 weeks.  I've been calling the last week or so.  I also emailed and go a response today saying that the customer rep talked to my examiner and she's aware.  There's a fine line between being persistent and pissing someone off.  I'm not sure I want to cross it.

I hear you there  The e-mail method is a pretty good way of learning a bit, but after a while you just want to know WTF is going on.  Calling seems to get results sometimes

Thing that pissed me off was my license was dead 2 weeks before i got my new one, it was back dated for when the last one died.  They fucked me out of 2 weeks
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 8:22:13 AM EDT
[#5]
how do you renew the C&R mine expires in December, is there a different form Or do you just fill out the original form that I did as if you were applying all over again?
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 9:12:52 AM EDT
[#6]
You'll receive a renewal form ninety days before the old one expires.
Link Posted: 8/30/2011 9:22:44 AM EDT
[#7]
3 weeks out of west va office. i sent it to the ga office as stated on the app, they returned it . sent it to the new mistery office. 3 weeks recieved
Link Posted: 9/4/2011 7:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hear you there  The e-mail method is a pretty good way of learning a bit, but after a while you just want to know WTF is going on.  Calling seems to get results sometimes

Thing that pissed me off was my license was dead 2 weeks before i got my new one, it was back dated for when the last one died.  They fucked me out of 2 weeks

Well, mine just came in.  It was back-dated to April so I lost 4+ months.  Should have renewed it earlier.  I spoke to the lady on the phone who was the one to approve the renewal.  She was nice.

I didn't want anything in the interim but now I'm sending copies off.  I'd like to get another Yugo M57 since factory magazines are more plentiful and I really like to have a couple of extra spare magazines.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#9]
If you let it expire and apply for a new one, by law they have 60 days. Not to mention your collection in the old bound book is not effectively off limits to their inspections.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top