Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2010 12:02:35 PM EDT
Is it a fairly commen thing for the extractor on a M1 Carbine to brake. It seems mine has broke off along the outer edge to were it will not grab hold of enough of the shell casing to extract properly.

Also were can I find a new one.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I would try Sarco
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Fair warning.  
When you buy the new extractor, also buy a new extractor spring and plunger AND for God's sake, buy a Carbine bolt disassembly and assembly tool.
While you can work on a Carbine bolt without the tool, you'll WISH you hadn't.

Here's a site that shows how to use the bolt tool to disassemble and reassemble the bolt:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/m1carbine/index.asp
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Fair warning.  
When you buy the new extractor, also buy a new extractor spring and plunger AND for God's sake, buy a Carbine bolt disassembly and assembly tool.
While you can work on a Carbine bolt without the tool, you'll WISH you hadn't.

Here's a site that shows how to use the bolt tool to disassemble and reassemble the bolt:

http://www.surplusrifle.com/m1carbine/index.asp

If you take your time a empty case and a C-clamp will work as a bolt tool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 7:05:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to all, I did not know about the bolt tool. Looks like the way to go. Will most likely pick up a couple spare extractors, they seem like the week link for the Carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top