Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:42:13 AM EDT
A friend of mine wants to sell a K98. Supposed to be a vet bring back with all matching numbers. What would be a fair price?

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
If it is truly original and matching, it's probably worth at least $1500 to most collectors, but as much as $4000 to some of the clowns on Gunbroker. More pics/details are needed, though. Also, if it has capture papers, that ups the value even further.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Way too much blond in the furniture.  Still it could go for a pretty penny.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 9:20:43 AM EDT
[#3]
check the rifle just to be sure it doesn't have any import marks. and check every last part to see if the numbers actually match. I knew someone who bought what they were told was a mosin that was found in Vietnam and brought back. turns out it just had an older non dot matrix import stamp and they got duped.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:07:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Is that stock duffle cut?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#5]
if that stock is cut then so goes the value of the rifle.

If it is all matching and the bore is nice id say in the 800 to 1000 range on the high side. If it is cut like it looks, then i would be in the 300 to 400 if you are lucky enough.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#6]
double tap*

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:19:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
if that stock is cut then so goes the value of the rifle.

If it is all matching and the bore is nice id say in the 800 to 1000 range on the high side. If it is cut like it looks, then i would be in the 300 to 400 if you are lucky enough.

I would disagree. A duffel cut stock may take a minor cut in the value, but it's generally accepted as a feature of a "bringback" rifle. Now, if the stock were sanded and/or refinished, that's another story. Russian captured mixmasters are worth 3-400. This is in a whole different league.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Stock is definately cut at an angle under the rear sight.  Stock looks like it has been stripped.  A 41 dated bbl on a 43 rifle smells like a rebbl, but the color isn't marked .02 - or anything else.
My thought would be it is a $700 rifle tops.
Sarge
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top