Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 7:12:26 AM EDT
Well, I have given up on finding "cheap" 303 brit but I was wondering where everone buys there 303 ammo? All I have been able to find around me is remington cor-lokt and ,while a nice round, it is a little pricey. So where should I go to get some ammo to get a little trigger time with the new to me lithgow I just aquired?  The cheapest I can find is the ammo classic arms is selling.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:37:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I buy sellier and bellot, wolf gold line or privi partizan

its normally between 14 and 16 per 20

cases of POF MkVII ball pop up from time to time but POF ammo is corrosive and some lots hangfire
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:06:40 AM EDT
[#2]
just saw this in sog catalog.  don't know if it's good or if it's click bang ammo

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammunition/303-british-manufactured-ammo.html
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:10:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
just saw this in sog catalog.  don't know if it's good or if it's click bang ammo

http://www.southernohiogun.com/ammunition/303-british-manufactured-ammo.html

I was wondering the same thing. If anyone has any experience with it, I'd love to hear about it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:37:01 AM EDT
[#4]
looks like standard MkVII ball, chances are they bought up a shit ton of surplus cases and repackaged it, probably good stuff but likely corrosive
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:11:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Just buy Prvi and save the brass to reload it.  Use cheap 123 gr bullets made for the 7.62x39.  If you just necksize the brass and only use it in one rifle, it'll last as long as anything else.  S&B brass is crap.  Just scrap any you find.  

A good plinking load is a 71 gr .32 ACP pistol bullet with 12 grains of Unique.  2200 FPS, accurate to 50+ yards, and no recoil.  Costs about 15 cents a round, IIRC.  
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Something to consider but I don't know if it affects all No.4's or just mine:

If you get soft points, buy the rounded nose ammo, the sharp pointed soft nose jams on the ramp in my MKII. It will chamber if you bump it in with the bolt handle but the nose will be flattened on one side (like you rubbed it on a concrete sidewalk).
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:57:41 AM EDT
[#7]
I wait around for deals on milsurp .303 and good commercial hunting ammo.  Got a box of 215-grain Remington soft-points for $8 the other day as well as a bunch of Iraqi surplus for $6 per 20 rounds.  The deals are out there you just have to look around and have patience.  That said it is getting harder and harder to find good deals, especially for large quantities.  For commercial ball you can't beat Prvi Partizan for prices.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the 174 grain stuff, only the 150 grain softpoint, which costs more and I have no interest in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top