Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2010 4:44:03 PM EDT
figured id post this in the C&R section too, being a bit more specialized.  

went to the Saratoga gun show today here in upstate NY...was pleasantly surprised.  

Picked up a box of REALLY old Israeli 9mm ammo for cheap.  Then an original green British Enfield sling for $7....

finally I came across two things ive never seen...  

the first is a Norinco K98 clone type rifle chambered in .22LR.  Its modeled after the K98 trainers used in Germany during WW2.  This model has an integral scope dovetail mount atop it, detachable 5rnd magazine (10rnders also can be used).  The rifle can also use CZ mags.  Only negative is its missing a cleaning rod, but thats a simple $10 fix.   The guy had a real K98 .22LR trainer, $1200 for that however...

Now I need to find a set of rings that fit the mount, its very thin  (width)

Got it for $150 private party sale.  Last one I saw sold for $350 online 2 years ago.

Second, a Panzerfaust reproduction.  They did a pretty darn good job on this.  The projectile atop it is removable, and has fins that pop out VERY briskly and with power upon leaving the tube.  Spring loaded trigger.  Flip up front sight with 3 different apertures for varying ranges.  Also paid $150 private party sale on this.  Listed online they run $250-300 typically from what ive found.

Link Posted: 8/28/2010 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, I REALLY like that rifle.  If it were me I would not put a scope on it and just use its leaf sights as I think it is reay cool to have a .22lr that mimics my military rifles, but thats me.

Congrats on the finds!
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
You definately stole that one!
The TU 33/40 is the carbine - meant to mimic the G33/40 mountain carbine.  I doubt you'll find a cleaning rod for $10 - if you find one at all.  You also need a sling and a sight hood.  None of these items are easy to find, more like near impossible.  Same with the magazines.
The rifle is a TU KKW.
I have both and they are fun to shoot.  
Sarge
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 6:24:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You definately stole that one!
The TU 33/40 is the carbine - meant to mimic the G33/40 mountain carbine.  I doubt you'll find a cleaning rod for $10 - if you find one at all.  You also need a sling and a sight hood.  None of these items are easy to find, more like near impossible.  Same with the magazines.
The rifle is a TU KKW.
I have both and they are fun to shoot.  
Sarge

Mountain carbine?   That a config of the old German k98s?   If so that'd be a cool type to shop for....and if so what do they run for typically?     Also what is the carbine like I picked up worth?     I didn't know they had front sight hoods.  Didn't seem like one would fit. Also doesn't these rifles take some czech CZ mag type also?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 12:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The action looks suspiciously like the action on my CZ 452.   No doubt a copy.  I wonder if the blot would work in my rifle.  All that aside, it is a nice looking rifle and you got it for a great price.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the action is a copy of the CZ action.  I'd bet CZ 452 mags will work for it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:50:51 AM EDT
[#7]
B Square makes/made an adapter for the mertic size grooves so you can use weaver rings. I have one on my Romy .22
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 7:57:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
B Square makes/made an adapter for the mertic size grooves so you can use weaver rings. I have one on my Romy .22
I found some cheapo 10 dollar rings at wallyworld that seem to work.  Ill have to look into the bsquare mount however. Thnx

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top