Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2010 4:53:45 PM EDT
found a really nice remington 1903 at the local shop today, very clean and pretty, bores good all that, I lack the experince to determine if it is all matching or not but the reciver is in the 3 mil range so I would assume its safe to shoot.

what is a fair price for this rifle? considering it has a pretty straight grip stock that I think is USGI by the marks?

and I know its difficult to give a good estimate from my lack of knowledge
Link Posted: 7/17/2010 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#1]
All 1903s made by Remington are safe to shoot, assuming headspace, etc. are in good order.  I'm going to say $650-$900 is the general range, assuming it's unaltered and depending on how nice it is, maybe topping out a little over $1k if it's really in exceptional condition.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#2]
$600-700 in these parts for an unmolested 1903 or 1903A3, unless it is specifically collectible, then possibly quite a bit more.
Link Posted: 7/18/2010 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on your area. I've seen several for $5-600 that aren't selling. For me, personally, It would have to be verifiable original and mint condition to pay $600 for one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
go to vishooters or one of the 1903 sites and compare pics to what you saw,

and check the barrel date against the serial number,

600 or so is a good price for a good 03 in VA,
depending on conditon etc etc,

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top