Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2008 2:04:07 PM EDT
Man either they was closed or they just kept the phones off the hook. Just wondering.WD
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 2:12:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They are backed up for 2 weeks or more in orders!  They pretty much had to cut off their web site to keep control of their inventory, and maybe now phones. This rush thing is going too far, If I were Aim I'd cut orders for a few days to get caught up.  Of course then they'd get bombarded by the jackasses wanting ammo NOW!!!  You'll get it from them, if they still have it, if not you'll just have to wait for a re-stock.

Not a flame, just getting worked up over this stupid rush on shit!
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
I got through today, though it took about 10 minutes of steady redialing. They have NOT jacked up prices and I went ahead and ordered some HotShot 7.62x39 that they were still honoring the sale price of $129.99 for a 700 round can. These guys are shining in this panic buying environment (me included) by not price gouging. I can't say enough positive things about AIM!!!
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I did an online order Tuesday the 4th.  The email replay was that they were backed up for 5 days but would get to my order.  

If they were already backed up by 5 days then you can understand how far they are behind by now.
Link Posted: 11/10/2008 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
These guys are shining in this panic buying environment (me included) by not price gouging. I can't say enough positive things about AIM!!!

Ditto this! (and an unendorsed customer review)
As long as AIM keeps prices fair and retains their A-1 customer service, I will remain a life-long customer.
Way to go AIM!  You understand the fair price = increased sales volume equation well.  3 Cheers!
Link Posted: 11/11/2008 1:30:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
These guys are shining in this panic buying environment (me included) by not price gouging. I can't say enough positive things about AIM!!!

Ditto this! (and an unendorsed customer review)
As long as AIM keeps prices fair and retains their A-1 customer service, I will remain a life-long customer.
Way to go AIM!  You understand the fair price = increased sales volume equation well.  3 Cheers!

Always been happy with AIM, and I turned on a couple of people in the office to them last week.
Link Posted: 11/12/2008 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Been burned 3 times by out of stock rifles on their website.  
Sorry, don't share the AIM-love.  

The rifles that I have received have been outstanding and true to the description.  But in normal times their inventory has not matched the website's availability.

My 2 cents.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The rifles that I have received have been outstanding and true to the description.  But in normal times their inventory has not matched the website's availability.

My 2 cents.

Its easier to call these places and check for availability than it is to trust the website. This is true with all online dealers. The people at AIM are good people who have always come through for me. I'm sure they can't always update their website everytime something comes up like that.

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 3:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I like AIM alot. The big brown truck brought me another package from AIM last week.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 3:40:52 AM EDT
[#9]
Their website said they wouldn't be answering the phone on Wednesday.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I love AIM, but I have only ever walked in and bought at the counter........Sometimes onthe $.01 shipping items, it would make more sense to ship it, but then i wouldn't have an excuse to go there....

Link Posted: 11/13/2008 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I've always liked dealing with AIM.  I pretty much get all my C&R from ether Classic Arms or AIM.

I was smart enough to order another 1000 rounds of PP M193 ammo the day before the election, having smelled which way the wind was blowing.  UPS says it will be on my porch tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/13/2008 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 2 cents.

Its easier to call these places and check for availability than it is to trust the website. This is true with all online dealers. The people at AIM are good people who have always come through for me. I'm sure they can't always update their website everytime something comes up like that.

Respectfully, I disagree.  I don't see where the challenge is to have a website that has real-time inventory information.  This is the 21rst century, they need to get with the program.  They aren't Midway or some other gigantic company, but Erik should get an updated website.  

They ARE very nice on the phone.  They do have quality merchandise.  It is a sore point with me.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2008 6:32:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their website said they wouldn't be answering the phone on Wednesday.

Appears this philosophy is holding true for today
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 1:50:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My 2 cents.

Respectfully, I disagree.  I don't see where the challenge is to have a website that has real-time inventory information.  This is the 21rst century, they need to get with the program.  They aren't Midway or some other gigantic company, but Erik should get an updated website.  

They ARE very nice on the phone.  They do have quality merchandise.  It is a sore point with me.  

Actually being a web developer I can attest to the fact that real time inventory IS a challenge especaily if you have a retail store as well. There aren't that many off the shelf software packages and you would be looking at a significant investment in time and money making it. And depending on the size of the outfit it may or may not be economically viable.

I've never been to their location but I have setup inventory systems for clients with retail and internet sales and the inventory issue is a real PITA. The level of business may not justify the expense. And even then there are bugs in the system and you can still get errors.

And frankly some people you CAN'T make happy. I haven't ordered from AIM before so I got no stake in this. Just an FYI
Link Posted: 11/17/2008 9:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
AIM is one of the best surplus dealers out there.

In fact I can't think of a better one right now.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Dealt with AIM for years and always been happy with their service. They're usually my first stop when looking for something to buy.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:31:47 PM EDT
[#17]
No, I was going to order some stuff today and couldn't make up my mind which 7.62x54 to order so I posted a thread. Nobody has responded, so I still haven't made up my mind. I guess I'll do it first thing in the morning.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 4:50:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I just got my .223 and .308 in from them today.

14 day turnaround.

Not bad in today's market.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top