Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2008 7:46:12 AM EDT
I am looking to get one and I want to know how they generally shoot and if they are picky about ammo.  Which one is the better model to go after?  How much should I spend for the different models?  Any help is appreciated!!

~ISherman
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I would try and purchase a M48 over the 24/47. The 24/47 can be had in bent and straight bolts and the M48 I have only seen in bent bolts. I have been seeing the M48's go for around high $200's and up pending condition. The 24/47's tend to go for around $130-$160 pending condition. I have shot a lot of 60's Ecuador ammo through both and never had any hiccups.

I have shot both with no favoritism of one over the other. All as I can say is without a recoil pad the side of the stock hits me in my cheek bone every round. I don't like the stock design at all, even though I own both and they shoot and operate great I would shoot my K98 any day of the week over both of these. But if you must have one I would shoot for the M48, even though Ben at Classicarms has a great batch of 24/47's from Samco that are in real nice condition.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would try and purchase a M48 over the 24/47. The 24/47 can be had in bent and straight bolts and the M48 I have only seen in bent bolts. I have been seeing the M48's go for around high $200's and up pending condition. The 24/47's tend to go for around $130-$160 pending condition. I have shot a lot of 60's Ecuador ammo through both and never had any hiccups.

I have shot both with no favoritism of one over the other. All as I can say is without a recoil pad the side of the stock hits me in my cheek bone every round. I don't like the stock design at all, even though I own both and they shoot and operate great I would shoot my K98 any day of the week over both of these. But if you must have one I would shoot for the M48, even though Ben at Classicarms has a great batch of 24/47's from Samco that are in real nice condition.

I saw the ones at classic arms and they looked really nice.  I also saw that j&g had the m48's with cracked stocks for 130ish.  Hopefully i can repair the stock if i get one.

~ISherman
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 10:50:31 AM EDT
[#3]
For that price I would not waste my time with a cracked stock. I would buy one from Classic and get a quality rifle for pretty much the same price. Besides that Classicarms has one of the better reputations on the web.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 11:48:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a like new M48 for my first C&R. It's still probably my favorite. I shoot it more than my RC k98. I've shot mostly 50s Yugo and 70s Romanian out of it, and never had a problem. I'd check gunbroker for a good one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top