Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2007 2:49:53 PM EDT
One of my local gunshops has a Finnish M27 Mosin Nagant for sale.  It's a 1934 Tikka with an excellent bore, bluing is probably 90%+ at least, good stock (only a couple of light scratches), and it comes with an original sling.  They're asking $350 for it.  Is this the going price for M27 mosins these days and would it be worth picking up?

I also noticed that this rifle has a bolt with the unique connector wings on it.  From what I've read, these were unique to the M27 and the wings were supposed to have been discontinued from production in 1933.

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep. I wouldn't pass on it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent price for a nice M27.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#3]
My gut instinct is either this guy truely doesn't know the value of the weapon or he's hiding something.  A M27 in 90%+ condition with an excellent bore is easily worth twice as much as seen on most of the auction sites.  Totally inspect the weapon closely before you buy it just in case.  Here is a link to a Mosin site which you may already know of.  Click on the Finnish section in the left hand margin and there is a nice section on M27.  I want an M28-30 and I'm on a mission to find one but an M27 in that shape would be very hard to pass up if it's in that condition and is original.  

http://mosinnagant.net/
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the advice Tazaroo.  I did a lot of interesting reading about Finnish rifles at that website and at 7.62x54r.net when I bought my M39, but I was having trouble finding price values for the M27 since I don't see many for sale these days.

The bolt and barrel numbers match, but the magazine plate doesn't have a number on it (looks as if it was ground off when the Finns rebuilt it) and the buttstock number does not match.  I did notice that near buttstock their were two small plugs in the stock, but no noticeable cracks anywhere on the stock.  My 90% estimate on the bluing is just a rough guess since I was paying more attention to the barrel and other features, but I remember that I couldn't find any areas of major wear in the bluing. Other than this I can't find anything wrong with it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 3:40:31 AM EDT
[#5]
If it isn't obviously altered, grab it.

Good deal.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:13:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds about right for an original M27. If it's been dicked with, maybe not. Refinished stocks are a value KILLER on Finn rifles.

Many of the '27s went through postwar refurbs and that usually accounts for the nice bluing and stock.

If it is indeed the correct sling, it's worth almost $50 alone, depending on condition.

Man, I can't believe that $350 is considered a "good deal" on an M27. No longer are the Finn rifles a secret. Glad I got my M27 when I did.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top