Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 5:42:35 AM EDT
Is there a procedure for this?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#1]
what really is the problem, are you off by windage or elevation?  I bought from Sarco, there is a tool for this.  ran me around $12 after a few twists of the tool and I was on target.  

good luck
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:43:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got the tool and corrected my windage with it, but I was wondering if there is a procedure like battle sighting an AR15 so that when I adjust the rear sight the ranges will be correct.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#3]
There is usually a 'battle sight' setting on the rear leaf. It is when you pull the little sight adjustor all the way to the rear, past the 100m marking. It usually sets the sight at about 300m.

As long as you're sighted in at 100m.. the battle sight setting should get you good to go out to 300m
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
There is usually a 'battle sight' setting on the rear leaf. It is when you pull the little sight adjustor all the way to the rear, past the 100m marking. It usually sets the sight at about 300m.

As long as you're sighted in at 100m.. the battle sight setting should get you good to go out to 300m

...which is good enough for the 7.62x39 cartridge (300m and a yugo SKS is about the upper reaches of what you can expect under normal conditions on a man sized target for accuracy and the ballistics coefficient of the 125gr 7.62x39 bullet).

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:35:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll try that. Right now with a 6 o'clock hold on a 8 inch circle target at 100 yards.

Out of 10 shots
4 shots were an inch higher than the bulls eye
3 were 4 inches higher than bulls eye
1 was 2 inches low

2 were not on the paper. It was Wolf military classic ammo.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#6]
It wouldn't have anything to do with that ammo. Never had any problems shooting Wolf Military Classic out of any of my sks's.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:54:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure if the 2 off the paper were shot at the target or not. I might have only shot 8. I went through a lot of ammo that day. Of the eight on paper, 7 grouped pretty consistantly high center. The other was low left which was probably me.

I'm going to adjust for a 2 inch lower POI next time and call it good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top