Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 7:16:44 AM EDT
I managed to convince myself the first time around that I didn't have the money for and I didn't need an Inland M1 from CMP.  They sold out so fast that I didn't even have to second guess myself.  Then dammit all to hell, CMP has to offer them up again for the same price, so I got my forms in the mail yesterday!

With the no limit on # you can purchase I think chances are slim I will get one having waited a whole 2 days to send in the forms (actually didn't know about the second wave of sales until Friday) but maybe the C&R Gods will smile upon me. I laready have 6 mags, 200 rounds of ammo, a sling and oiler, and two mag pouches.  No, I am not excited at all!

OK, so convince me this was a good idea- post pics of your Inland M1 carbines from CMP!
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 11:22:48 AM EDT
[#1]
1944 Inland
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
5.16 million Inland   Aug '44

Range day sight-in pic from 50yds.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 3:20:58 PM EDT
[#3]
My inland is not from CMP but I orderd a greek return Garand when I thought they would run out. The day after I sent my check in they stopped taking orders. I thougt I was screwed but about three months later I got it in the mail. I think you got a good chance.
Link Posted: 8/13/2007 10:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Truth be told, I don't need another longarm, I don't need to spend the money, I don't another gun in a caliber I don't have, I don't blah blah blah, you get the idea.

But dammit all, someday my son is going to be shooting this and go "You bought this from the GOVERNMENT?  You actually used to be able to do that!" and it will be worth it. Not like uncle same is making anymore of them, so I better get while the getting is good.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:35:21 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent my papers in on Monday also.  Haven't heard anything yet, but hopefully they have one they can put my name on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 8:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Sent mine Saturday USPS Priority, delivery conf tag said accepted on Monday, just get the email today 9wed) taht it was received monday.  

When someone asked Orest on the CMP Forums if their M1 carbine order received on Monday meant he would get a  carbine, Orest did not think it would be an issue. Hers hoping for us all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top