Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2006 2:49:43 PM EDT
I am looking to buy some ammo for my future purchase of a M39 mosin-nagant rifle. I was wondering what is the best ammo for sale right now?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I think this was covered here or in the AK forum recently. I like the Czech silvertip. My Mosin eats it and asks for seconds. I also have some Polish that shoots well.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, you could roll your own with Lapua cases and D-166 bullets. The Finns seemed to have pretty good luck with that.

My M39 prefers Czech silvertip (light ball)/
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
  I don't know if it's the best , but my M-39 rifle loves the brass-cased Albanian.

I'm surprised to see the love for the Czech silvertip. I've had enough stuck bolts after using it that I'm only going to use it for pull down powder and projectiles. I broke an extractor on my Finn using the silvertip.

You guys must be into a different batch of Czech because I know a lot of others here have had trouble too. YMMV
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:34:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The best if you can find it is Yugo.  After that, Czech Silver tip, Hungarian light, Polish light.  AIM has Hungarian light at a good price, steel cased but at least it doesn't stick as much as Czech.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
  I don't know if it's the best , but my M-39 rifle loves the brass-cased Albanian.

I'm surprised to see the love for the Czech silvertip. I've had enough stuck bolts after using it that I'm only going to use it for pull down powder and projectiles. I broke an extractor on my Finn using the silvertip.

You guys must be into a different batch of Czech because I know a lot of others here have had trouble too. YMMV

I've offered a lot of opinion about ammo and extractors in recent threads. Check them out if you care to read it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've offered a lot of opinion about ammo and extractors in recent threads. Check them out if you care to read it.

You mean this one where you talked Topknot into screwing up his last remaing good bolt-head/extractor ? I particularly liked your parting advice after he screwed up his bolts that he could always buy more on the internet.
   No thanks n00b. I'm glad you are enjoying your Czech silvertip. I'll listen to the other 500 people here that have had trouble as well as my own experience. The good news is that leaves more for you.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top