Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2006 6:25:55 AM EDT
Got my K98 cleaned up and here are the pics as promised.

Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that's nice!!!  Where'd you get it?  I've been longing after one, myself.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
nice....

and those SS bolts...

you lucky *#$%#.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It was kind of luck of the draw. I got a gift certificate for xmas to Zeus sporting. Now I normaly dont shop there cause the prices are high, but I had the GC so I was going to pick up another Enfield they had.
    Then they said they had some k98's in. So I took a look, found a nice one with markings intact so I get that one since I did not have on for my collection. Only later, while we are filling out the paper work do I notice the stock, and the rune.

Stock number does not match, but it is a nice conversation piece. If you ever down in South jersey and want to try it let me know. Anything for a fellow trapped Jerseyite
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:41:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was kind of luck of the draw. I got a gift certificate for xmas to Zeus sporting. Now I normaly dont shop there cause the prices are high, but I had the GC so I was going to pick up another Enfield they had.
    Then they said they had some k98's in. So I took a look, found a nice one with markings intact so I get that one since I did not have on for my collection. Only later, while we are filling out the paper work do I notice the stock, and the rune.

Stock number does not match, but it is a nice conversation piece. If you ever down in South jersey and want to try it let me know. Anything for a fellow trapped Jerseyite

Will do.  I didn't figure any sporting goods store would have such a nice find.  Betcha they didn't know what they had!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:29:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Very nice.

That's the quality of a K98 I've been looking for recently. What was it priced at?

$240, had a $100 gift certificate. so about $140 plus tax and fees

Will do.  I didn't figure any sporting goods store would have such a nice find.  Betcha they didn't know what they had!

I agree, they could not have know. If I worked there I would have nailed it as soon as it had come in
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:42:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#8]
sweet deal!
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Impressive, most of the SS-marked rifles are going for a lot, and Mitchell's charges $7,500 for one I'm impressed that you got a good deal on yours

Who are good guys to buy Mausers from ?  
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:46:18 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Impressive, most of the SS-marked rifles are going for a lot, and Mitchell's charges $7,500 for one I'm impressed that you got a good deal on yours

Who are good guys to buy Mausers from ?  

This was a local purchase so I don’t really know any good dealers for K98's. Also I don’t think it is really worth that much as the stock number does not match the receiver or any other number. If anything, only the stock would be worth money. To me, the value is more in the history and as a conversation piece .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top