Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 2:44:41 PM EDT
After a year and a half of fooling with the sights, acquiring a new center-bedded stock (the one it came with was gorgeous, but a std. No4 stock someone had put on it) and locating all the small bits, here's my Longbranch No4 DCRA conversion in .308.

Here's a closeup of the AJ Parker rear sight:

Here's the welded reinforcement plate under the mag well (used to stiffen the receiver, as these were single-shot only rifles):

This is the sight picture with the AJ Parker sights:

I haven't shot it with the new stock, but I'm hoping it lives up to its potential...it should be a tackdriver. I've got dies and match .308 bullets ready once the stock settles in.

If you don't know the history of these interesting rifles, here's a page that describes their origins:
enfields.freestarthost.com/ri15.htm
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#1]
That looks damned fine.

I like those AJ Parker sights.

Diopters rule...

Show us a target after you shoot!
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Yeah I am interested too and great looking rifle.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Will do, however there's always that pesky lack of skill on my part!!
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#4]
lack of skill psh...that rifle shoots itself right?

if you don't mind me asking where did you get the sights and how much do they run?  any problems with them?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
lack of skill psh...that rifle shoots itself right?

if you don't mind me asking where did you get the sights and how much do they run?  any problems with them?

The sights came with the gun, but I have bought AJ Parkers and Parker Hale diopter sets for No4's before. You can find them on ebay, they're pricey but terrific sights.

No problems using them, they're easy to install and setup.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome gun swingset! Congrats!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top