Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2006 5:28:57 PM EDT
I have decided to buy the Finn M39 how would I go about mounting a Super Sniper 10x on it. What would I need and have to do?

also what surplus ammo is accurate in the M39?
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#1]
A good bet on milsurp 7.62 x 54R is the Yugoslavian, corrosive, but good quality

Not likely you will find much encouragement for mounting a super sniper scope on a Finn Mosin Nagant, to each his own, however the Finn's are usually left alone because of their collector value in the unaltered condition,
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#2]
to put a rifle scope on it youll have to probably drill/tap the receiver, your only option to leave the gun unaltered is to mount a scout/forward stlye scope on it with a no gunsmith scout mount. it will replace the rear sight assembly and you will be able to put it back to original config in about 5 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 8:17:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I think one of the importers used to make fake snipers out of M39's.  I got a 1-1/2 groups using the soft point Wolf Gold.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2006 5:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Its not a good idea to permanently alter any Finn mosin. You would have to drill and tap the reciever, relieve the stock, and get the bolt handle turned down. They are bound to go up in value, as they have been already. As stated above, your best bet is to get the scope mount that replaces the rear sight leaf, and put a long eye relief pistol scope on it. It won't make any permanent alterations to the rifle, and can be returned to original easily.

I knew a guy who "sporterized" a Finn 91/30 with a round reciever. He had no idea it was a Finn, and a very collectible one at that. Very sad.  

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 7:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top