Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 1:11:13 AM EDT
My 1903 arrived yesterday and after spending almost 8 hours cleaning and refinishing the rifle, i've finally got it all put together and she's absolutely gorgeous, however there is a TON of slop both left and right on the rear sight.  It takes several turns of the windage knob for the rear sight to even start moving, and there's so much slop I can literally take my finger and push the sight left and right several centimeters.  Before I took all of the cosmoline off there was no slop at all like this.

What can I do to eliminate this slop in the rear sight?

Thanks

PS. I'll post some pictures of the rifle later today when it's light out, i'll make a new thread for that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#1]
    I had the same problem when I got mine. Turns out the fine teeth on the rear site base were broke off and did not engage the windage knob; hence I could push it back and forth without turning the knob. Take it apart and inspect the teeth. If worn, replace.

Chris
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 10:35:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
    I had the same problem when I got mine. Turns out the fine teeth on the rear site base were broke off and did not engage the windage knob; hence I could push it back and forth without turning the knob. Take it apart and inspect the teeth. If worn, replace.

Chris

That's exactly what's wrong with mine, looks like I need to replace it.  Do you know where I can buy the part?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Contact CMP customer service, they're awesome.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:31:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1 They should take care of you. If not then you can try Numrich.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Thanks, will do.  Hopefully they don't offer to exchange the rifle, after spending upwards of 8+ hours refinishing it and whatnot, no way i'm sending it back
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top