Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2006 6:06:12 PM EDT
After reading about these I became interested in acquiring one. So is there any place currently selling SVT-40s for a reasonable price? Links would be very appreciated.

If you want to discuss the SVT-40, go right ahead...
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 6:22:52 PM EDT
[#1]
About all you can do is Gunbroker. Auction Arms, Equipment Exchange, and Gunboards for sale. Gunboard is a large Russian collector gathering place.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
GunsAmerica had some running awhile ago.

Last I remember seeing they were running around 500-600.  They are pretty pricey due to low numbers produced.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976698678.htm

Actually that one is close to $800.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:02:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The Russians made a few million of these guns, but they havent been imported for like 10 years or more.

I like them better than Garands.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:40:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya a few million isn't that many, when you think about it

There's what like 200 million military issue Aks out there, doesn't even count all the american ones.

The SVT-40 is pretty nifty, but pretty pricey considering is Russian, you could buy an AK and a SVD for that price or 8 M44's.  Nice gun, not for that price though.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I love mine.  Rings the 12" gong at 200 meters nicely.  Always gets looks at the range.  One of my favorite CR purchases.....

Woody
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

There's what like 200 million military issue Aks out there, doesn't even count all the american ones.

The SVT-40 is pretty nifty, but pretty pricey considering is Russian, you could buy an AK and a SVD for that price or 8 M44's.  Nice gun, not for that price though.

please direct me to an SVD for less than $800.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:29:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen!  My check book is ready!

Woody
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:53:18 AM EDT
[#8]
The SVT is one of my regular searches on the auction boards and FS listings on various gunboards.

Right now, Gunbroker has one offering...guy's asking $850 starting price.  No bids last I checked.

I bought a 1941 Izhevsk two years ago for $400, private sale.  Saw it advertised in the local Thrifty Nickel type paper and about fell all over myself getting to the phone.

Shoots nice, once you get the gas valve adjusted.  The rimmed rounds make loading a bit of a hassle if you don't have strippers.

I need to get my SVT-40, FN-49, and Garand to the range for a shootout.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:11:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amen!  My check book is ready!

+1000

Woody

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top