Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/18/2006 10:46:36 AM EDT
http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_7_62x54R_Mosin_Nagant.html
The description says the bore won't be in new condition, but does anyone know just how bad they are?  I will likely be picking one up tom. at their "store" on the way to the range, just curious to see what condition they are actually in.

If the bores on those guns are in bad shape, i'll just get the laminated one:
http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Laminated_Stock_Mosin_Nagant_91_30_7.62x54R_Rifle.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 5:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
If you aren't really interested in the laminated stock, I will take yours and send my nice stock + $$.

Let me know.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#2]
well the stock isn't a huge concern, as long as it's in good shape.  It's the bore that i'm more worried about.  If the laminated mosin's bores are in good shape i might take you up on that.  unfortunately I can't contact anyone at AIM until monday morning because they aren't open on weekends.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:34:05 AM EDT
[#3]
yea i was looking at getting one of thier 20 inch carbine models when i called they said the barrels were in good shape and that the stock was good on the 1944 ones.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_7_62x54R_Mosin_Nagant.html
The description says the bore won't be in new condition, but does anyone know just how bad they are?  I will likely be picking one up tom. at their "store" on the way to the range, just curious to see what condition they are actually in.

If the bores on those guns are in bad shape, i'll just get the laminated one:
http://aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Laminated_Stock_Mosin_Nagant_91_30_7.62x54R_Rifle.html

It's just kind of a disclaimer for selling used stuff.  The Mosins from AIM, as well as most other places, are arsenal rebuilds.  As such they had all worn parts replaced and stocks redipped in finish (shellac?).  The barrels have been used, but considered serviceable.  My 91/30 I got from them a couple of years ago was in excellent shape inside and out.
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 7:47:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats good to know... So there's really nothing to worry about?  Do you think it would be worth the money for the laminated stock over the regular nagant stock then?
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Thats good to know... So there's really nothing to worry about?  Do you think it would be worth the money for the laminated stock over the regular nagant stock then?

Only you can answer that one.  The only difference is the material the stock is made of.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only you can answer that one.  The only difference is the material the stock is made of.

Yes, but would it be worth any more as a collectable when it gets older?  I'll be shooting it quite a bit (not abusing it) but if it would be worth a little more money to have something more valuable down the road, then I'll go ahead and grab that one.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:06:26 AM EDT
[#8]
From the pics I have seen, the Laminates look like they just rolled off the line..  the rest can be a crap shoot.

I think I will order up a lam'd too..  
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 9:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but would it be worth any more as a collectable when it gets older?  I'll be shooting it quite a bit (not abusing it) but if it would be worth a little more money to have something more valuable down the road, then I'll go ahead and grab that one.

I'm sure it will be worth more than the plain stock in the future.  How much is anybody's guess, but at least as much as the current difference.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top