Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 3:32:31 AM EDT
What ever happened to all the USGI C&R stuff that was supposed to hit the shores when the ATF announced the barrel ban decision?

Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#1]
It's on a slow boat from China.<G>

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
What ever happened to all the USGI C&R stuff that was supposed to hit the shores when the ATF announced the barrel ban decision?

Did I miss something?

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
What stuff?
Jim
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 6:51:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What stuff?
Jim

there was a rumor going around here and on other forums about donated GI weapons (carbines, 1911's, etc.) coming back home.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 7:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't think it was a rumor..  I thought it was pretty well spelled out that the importers could bring them back home,  but can't find a copy of the letter now.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2006 11:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I remember the letter in question. First the importers have to find a cache of firearms that is for sale, in decent shape, at a decent price, in a country that isn't on our state department sh** list. This is a rather tall order. A lot of the U.S. lend-lease arms have simply been used up or destroyed. Somebody might find a CONEX container of well preserved M1 Carbines in a dark corner of a foreign warehouse years from now, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to happen.

Link Posted: 3/17/2006 2:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]
probably..  I just remember the talks of importers already having surplus stuff on it's way back.  Would be here in time for Christmas.

I haven't heard a peep since then...
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 3:35:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Wasn't there something about a shipload of rifles held up in a Turkish or Italian port because they were milurps?
Jim
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#8]
wasn't there another thread somewhere on AR15.com about a large amount of carbines and M1's coming out of korea???
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 2:55:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Not holding my breath on this but hot and heavy debate over at CSP/Jousters about Korean M1 Garands and M1 Carbines up for bid by the Korean .gov

People over at Jousters are at each others throats about this

www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/garand/garand.pl?noframes;read=93918

Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Not holding my breath on this but hot and heavy debate over at CSP/Jousters about Korean M1 Garands and M1 Carbines up for bid by the Korean .gov

Wow.  That is a lot of Korean Garands and Carbines. It seems academic to me that we'll get them. We're one of a handful of countries left where civilians can still own guns like that and I imagine we're the only country left where the market can absorb that many firearms. The question is when, through whom, and for what price.

Galland
Link Posted: 3/19/2006 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#11]
When are the G43s coming in from Russia?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#12]
rumor has it they wanted too much$ for them when the Dollar was high.  now with the dollar low in value i doubt we will see them for a very long time.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 10:53:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I never get over how impossibly SHITTY that forum is to read. Ugh, no wonder they're all bent out of shape, that site is a mess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top