Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2006 1:03:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a handselect from them with the unnumbered mag.  Are you sure these arent swiss replacements?  I sent them an email asking about this.  If it is, in fact, an Indian made copy, I won't be a happy customer ( I mentioned that in my email to them).   The rifle looks awesome, though.  I'll post pics later.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:47:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I posted this on swissrifles.com, but think it applies here also.  

AIMs ad is misleading their customers. There is no mention, as of this time, of aftermarket mags being included with their rifles whatsoever. Also, there is a mention of "Outstanding Swiss craftsmanship", leading one to believe that your rifle will be coming with Swiss parts. This is clearly misleading. They need to fix that ad or they'll lose a good amount of customers. As for me, I ordered a mag from TNG, and I'll keep the aftermarket mag as a backup. But I wont buy from AIM unless they correct this problem. I sent them an email, so I'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 12:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I was going to place an order with AIM and I asked if they would insure me that I would get a K31 with an original Swiss mag. They told me "NO". I even asked if it would be possible if I paid extra for a hand pick, and again I was told "NO". Looks like luck of the draw. I didn't place the order with them.
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I have 2 of the AIM with the replacement mags, and agree with pretty much everything posted previously.  Initially I didn't realize that the original magazines were serial numbered as well, so didn't know the difference right away.  The magazines work well, no problems, so I don't feel as bad as I did when I first figured it out.

I will say this, although a little rougher stocks than I thought I would see, both stocks have cleaned up nicely and these rifles have absolutely excellent bores.  I honestly don't think one of them was even shot more than a time or two, there are no wear markings at all on the feed ramps and the bore is perfect.  So, all in all, I'm happy.  But... the next ones I bought were from other sources.

I think the supply is starting to dry up.

Rick

Link Posted: 3/13/2006 11:21:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/13/2006 2:01:33 PM EDT
[#8]
damn, now I'm scared to go home and look at mine, pretty sure I saw a serial number on the bottom though...
Link Posted: 3/14/2006 11:56:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
... I will say this, although a little rougher stocks than I thought I would see, both stocks have cleaned up nicely and these rifles have absolutely excellent bores.  ...

For whatever reason, most K31’s seem to have good metal, excellent bores, and rather ratty (and even water-stained) stocks.

That said, I still feel AIM was less than totally forthcoming about the condition and history of some Lee-Enfields they sold a couple of years ago.  I’ll continue to do business with them, but I’ll do it cautiously
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top