Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:22:24 PM EDT
I've got an 03A3 already, and I'd consider a Garand.  Maybe one of the Mak pistols if I could find one reasonable (source?).  Is there anything else worth looking at?  I'm going to pick up an SKS.  I'm not interested in Mausers or Nagants.  Anything else I'm missing?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you joking?

K-31, Makarov, Mausers (you're nuts), Mosin Nagants (you're nuts), Enfields (mine sucks), SKSes, Garands (if you're too dumb to order from the CMP), and the list goes on and on... I just listed the ones I have (with the exception of the Makarov).
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Are you joking?

K-31, Makarov, Mausers (you're nuts), Mosin Nagants (you're nuts), Enfields (mine sucks), SKSes, Garands (if you're too dumb to order from the CMP), and the list goes on and on... I just listed the ones I have (with the exception of the Makarov).

Makarov, I do want to get one.  Mauser & Nagants, not now...maybe another time.  Enfield, already have my 03A3, so that's covered.  Garand, I will certianly get.

I guess I'm hoping there's something out there I'm missing.  CZ52 looks good. :)
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Are you joking?

Makarov, I do want to get one.  Mauser & Nagants, not now...maybe another time.  Enfield, already have my 03A3, so that's covered.  Garand, I will certianly get.

I guess I'm hoping there's something out there I'm missing.  CZ52 looks good. :)

Don't forget your K-31!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

The CZ52 is a great blaster, the Enfield is lots different than your 03 and Nagants are just good, cheap fun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 10:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
How much do you want to spend?

Lugers, P38s, Webleys, Sistema 1911s, FN49s, are all C&R.

Russian capture P38s and Lugers have been imported recently and can be had for $400-700 or so.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:37:24 PM EDT
[#6]
.Swiss K31 is sweet and more accurate than any other miltiary rifle out there.
A SMLE  
.A Ishapoor Enfield 2A1 in .308,
A 1888 commission rifle with a smokeless proof mark
A Persian mauser if you can find one, next would be German, then any other after that.  
.A Yugo SKS with this http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2006/yugosksvalve/index.asp will do well.
A Mosin Nagant carefully chosen.

Dots mean I have them, the others I want. I also want every weapon ever used by my family in war.
We've been in all of them back to the revolution that I can find out. I'm the only one to NOT have been one due to the cold war. I think we missed the 2nd go around in Iraq. If they'd let me in I'd go to Iran. :-D

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:43:23 AM EDT
[#7]
K31 is the most accurate you can get.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Who has unissued SKSs?  I found a ton before but nobody seems to have them now.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Who has unissued SKSs?  I found a ton before but nobody seems to have them now.

Havent seen any but aimsurplus has some very good Yugos.   My shooter grade yugo is a nice piece of work, all milled parts.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Dont forget the full autos that are classified as C&R.

I don't live in a free state, so full auto anthing, C&R or not, is a no go.

I'm not sure if AIM will sell to me or not, because I live in Crook county, Illinois, but we shall see!
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#13]
How about one of these? http://www.allans-armory.com/aapictures.asp?ItemId=FSVT4001
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top