Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:14:45 AM EDT
Load the clip, push the round forward, pull the trigger and click.....

nothing.

Tried a few different boxes of ammo to see if I had duds, still nothing.

There are primer strikes on every round that I attempt to fire.

Not sure if they're light or deep, as I don't have any fired cases to compare them too.

Need a new firing pin spring?

I completely dissassembled the rilfe the night before including the bolt, oiled everything then put back together, I'm guessing I did it right (following surplusrifle.com).
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:18:34 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the headstamp on the ammo you are shooting.  I have an M95 rifle and it works everytime.  All the amo I shoot is nearly 70 years old.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
cosmo in the bolt?  I had the same problem with a M48 where there was enough cosmo in the bolt to cause the same thing you described.  The M95 bolt isn't too hard to take apart but you do need some strong fingers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:53:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Nope, nothing in the bolt, it was bought on the EE from a guy that never shot it, kind of a safe queen.

The bolt was already oiled inside and out, but I took it apart for good measure, and cleaned it again.

I can tell from watching the striker go forward it's weak, nothing like the strikers slamming forwards on my mausers and mosins, so I'm guessing it's a weak spring.

but I know nothing about these, so I was just guessing this was the problem, or guessing these have some kind of quirks that I can't think of.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#4]
i want one of these rifles  

darn pricey ammo!
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Mark, anyway you can post some pics of that new M95?  Did you get it from SOG?
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#7]
nope, got it from a deal on the EE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top