Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2006 5:32:05 PM EDT
I tried using tools to pry or stretch it open and the damn thing flys off the tool and shoots across the room.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I used two pairs of needlenose pliers to pull the hood open, then slipped it over the front sight.... still it was a PIA.

I'm sure there has to be an easier way.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:08:43 PM EDT
[#2]
It was with the pliers and siccors that cause the hood to shoot across the room.  It actually knocked off a bottle of brass polish sitting on top of the desk. I couldn't have made that shot if I tried.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#3]
It's an Iron-Clad Bitch.

I used a real big screwdriver to open it up wide enough to clamp it on to a square wooden dowel. Then I put the dowel with the lips (?) of the sight hood next to the front sight ramp and then whacked it on with a nylon hammer.

It sucked. It took a couple of tries.  I pity you.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:27:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I use a large set of snap ring pliers.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I use something like this:
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use something like this:
img104.imageshack.us/img104/2408/otc11250aw.jpg

+1 Best thing there is for getting sight hoods on
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't seem to have a problem pushing it on, I guess you guys like it super tight, mine has a little play, but not enough to bother me....

or is it supposed to be on super tight?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top