Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 7:26:38 AM EDT
I am currently searching for info on weather or not I need a handgun permit on top of my c&r ffl to purchase a c&r handgun in New York. If anyone has any links to laws or info on this I would greatly appreciate it because I'm finding  many conflicting ideas on this and no straight up answers. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 8:55:55 AM EDT
[#1]
zhass,

I looked into this myself last year. Unfortunately, you do need a pistol permit for even a C&R handgun in NYS. I verified this by calling the permit office in my county. If you call the permit office in your county, I'm sure they will verify this also. Sorry for the bad news.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:10:05 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks everyone thats what i thought, just wanted to verify before i get myself into trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top