Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2006 10:28:41 PM EDT
I have a BYF41 K98 Mauser, in original condition, laminate stock. I belive the bolt numbers do not match.

the rifle is NOT import marked. No duffle cut either. I really don't know what condition to rate it, I would call it very good. No rust, bore bright and shiny, but the blueing is patina'd. Not really wore off, just sort of turned grey..

All Nazi markings, stock markings are faint, but they are there.

I'll try to take some pics if it helps, but I am just looking for a ball park, I am considering selling it to fund some AK builds..
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:23:22 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a BYF41 K98 Mauser, in original condition, laminate stock. I belive the bolt numbers do not match.

the rifle is NOT import marked. No duffle cut either. I really don't know what condition to rate it, I would call it very good. No rust, bore bright and shiny, but the blueing is patina'd. Not really wore off, just sort of turned grey..

All Nazi markings, stock markings are faint, but they are there.

I'll try to take some pics if it helps, but I am just looking for a ball park, I am considering selling it to fund some AK builds..

Do all the numbers match on everything else?
I have never seen the German blue turn grey, doesn't mean it can't happen, just odd. Would you rate the blue above 80%?
Have rod and site hood? Original stock?
If it is a bringback in decent shape I would be in the $400 range or better. I just picked up a CE43 with all matching except the bolt which matches itself for $175. Well below market value on a very good rifle that includes sling and hood.

Post pics if you can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top